198 slant distributor

-

Johnny71dusty

Reaction score
So I repelled my head and head gasket , new manifold. All is good now . I did not pull my distributor or even my cap off for this work .

now my motor at idle & vacuum advanced pulled off runs at 20 degrees advanced. If I move distributor far right as it will go that is 20 degrees advanced . And if I move distributor to left all the way it then goes up over 40 degrees advance .

keep in mind I didn't pull wires or cap off even move the distributor at all while doing my head swap .

Maharashtra can cause this much advance ? Motor before I took apart ran perfect at 10 degrees advance. How could head swap do this ?

no I didn't pull cam , or lifters it timing chain and I re used my push rods too .

car is still points and they look good and I didn't touch them yet .

My car at top dead center , my distributor is pointing to about 5 o'clock spot which some slant firing order say is correct but others say #1 should be at 6 o'clock position .

Which is it ? Lol

my slants distributor only moves 3/8 of inch back and forth and neither end of that spectrum gets me even close to where I want to be . And would new head cause this ?

can the distributor but pulled and moved a few teeth over and put back ?

9BA596E9-766A-437E-A25C-BB225557CB98.png

3EEC87FD-653C-49FD-838E-C279BF1B96AC.png

-
Back