1980 D50 392 hemi

-

67/6barracuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is a cool truck whomever owns it. It’s for sale here in GA he wants a stack of cash for it but still awesome figure I’d share.
9D1A6CF6-FEFC-4635-8583-E7445F509CF0.jpeg
B4568B88-5DA8-4FCA-BC70-9A6F3A9D0E30.jpeg

I dont think that's a 392 Chrysler. Looks like a desoto hemi to me. BIG BIG difference in value!

Lack of Chrysler Firepower on the valve covers is a dead giveaway. Probably Desoto. Dodge would have Red Ram on them. Desoto had their call out on the wire covers. Firedome Eight.

Lack of Chrysler Firepower on the valve covers is a dead giveaway. Probably Desoto. Dodge would have Red Ram on them. Desoto had their call out on the wire covers. Firedome Eight.
I have a 331 Chrysler Firepower medium duty truck engine in my rat truck. No name valve covers is what they came with. I've seen them on 345s but not on 392s.

The concern to me is the heads are totally FLAT in the front. Normally, the 392 has the water cross over between the heads. Could be a case like mine though and have the medium truck/industrial heads without the cross over. The general shape and size of the valve covers looks right for the 331/354/392 engines.

I'd still drive it.

The concern to me is the heads are totally FLAT in the front. Normally, the 392 has the water cross over between the heads. Could be a case like mine though and have the medium truck/industrial heads without the cross over. The general shape and size of the valve covers looks right for the 331/354/392 engines.

Looks like the Desoto timing cover also.

No Chrysler's had a factory wet intake manifold, I don't believe. That water neck looks a little funky too, like from a later model maybe. It does fill that engine compartment up, though.

Not all Dodge hemis had stamped valve covers. Both the set I still have and the set that went with my old 325 were unstamped. The stamped ones were early covers.
325 Offenhauser intake.JPG

-
Back