1st/2nd gear shift rod

-

MoparMcK

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the 1st/2nd gear shift rod hitting the crossmember when shifting to second gear? Mine rubs even with the trans jacked up to its highest possible point. I was told i need a 4 speed crossmember? Idk much and am learning. Is the guy pulling my leg? LOL.

More info.....I bought the car back in March(72 Demon). 318 with 3spd w/ OD. Had the same issue with shifting to 2nd gear. We thought maybe someone installed the wrong rods. I swapped to a true 4 spd trans. When I did so I got a different Hurst shifter and rods that were in my dads 72 duster 440 4 spd car that worked great(no rubbing). Everything is adjusted properly and have the same issue as the 3 spd did. So I have had two different transmissions, two different sets of shift rods, and two different Hurst shifters.

I would post pics but for some reason I can not get them to upload. If anyone happens to have a pic of there crossmember if there is a difference auto to manual could you post it please? thanks in advance for any and all assistance. I just want to get this fixed and slam those gears.:burnout:

-
Back