2 Barrel Manifold

-

Money Pit

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Hemi Performance in Australia? They have a two barrel intake manifold. They also have a 1 barrel manifold they convert to a 2 barrel. If FiTech has a two barrel TBI, I would be interested. Or, should I get a super six manifold, or an Offy 4 barrel manifold with a 2 barrel adapter?

Don't know about their manifolds, but I like their gaskets. Got my slanty manifold gaskets from them. Great service too. Only 10 days delivered to PA. Cinnamon 75 Duster \
img_0440-jpg.jpg

Does anyone know anything about Hemi Performance in Australia?

They have a sexy catalog and a bad reputation.

They have a two barrel intake manifold.

You certainly don't need to be paying currency exchange and overseas shipping to get hold of a 2bbl Slant-6 intake manifold! They're not as easy to get as they used to be, but they're still available in America with a bit of looking.

Or, should I get a super six manifold, or an Offy 4 barrel manifold with a 2 barrel adapter?

Either of those would be a fine option.

They have a sexy catalog and a bad reputation.

You certainly don't need to be paying currency exchange and overseas shipping to get hold of a 2bbl Slant-6 intake manifold! They're not as easy to get as they used to be, but they're still available in America with a bit of looking.

Either of those would be a fine option.
I found a manifold on ebay. The seller isn't sure what year the manifold is from. Is there a way to find out if it's from a super six by looking at the casting numbers on the manifold? Thanks

well fi tech builds two barrel throttle body mixers , but there set up as a three duce or 6 pack package . guess you could call them to see if they can be divorced from each other .

I found a manifold on ebay. The seller isn't sure what year the manifold is from. Is there a way to find out if it's from a super six

If it bears a Chrysler casting number, it's a Super Six intake. "Super Six" was just the marketing name (decal name) applied by Chrysler to the 2bbl Slant-6 sold in North America from '77-'83. it's not any kind of special extra-fancy setup versus some other non-fancy 2bbl setup.

The question to ask isn't "Is that a Super Six intake?" The question is whether it's iron or aluminum. There appear to be only two 2bbl Slant-6 intakes on eBay at the moment: this and this. Both are iron, so perfectly safe to buy without worrying about cracks or leaks.

If it bears a Chrysler casting number, it's a Super Six intake. "Super Six" was just the marketing name (decal name) applied by Chrysler to the 2bbl Slant-6 sold in North America from '77-'83. it's not any kind of special extra-fancy setup versus some other non-fancy 2bbl setup.

The question to ask isn't "Is that a Super Six intake?" The question is whether it's iron or aluminum. There appear to be only two 2bbl Slant-6 intakes on eBay at the moment: this and this. Both are iron, so perfectly safe to buy without worrying about cracks or leaks.
Thanks Dan. I wish I had a tenth of your knowledge.

I got a 2 barrel iron manifold from a I believe is a 65 dodge van slant 6. Will it work on a 66 1 barrel slant 6?

All Slant-6 intake manifolds fit all Slant-6 engines. Exhausts, too, though depending on year you might have to install a different choke thermostat. That 2bbl intake you found didn't start life on a '65 van; the 2bbl wasn't offered in North America til '77 (first year for export applications was '67; first year for marine use was '66ish).

Thanks learning more every day. Does it matter if I go with the 2 barrel I don't intend to beef up the slant 6 or should I just stick with the 1 barrel.

Assuming a good carb, the 2bbl setup gives better driveability. But that good carb is a big assumption; it's grown difficult and expensive to find a really good carb (1bbl or 2bbl) for a Slant-6, so if your 1bbl setup is running well, maybe better to leave it be. Aside from the intake manifold you'd need a carb, an air cleaner, kickdown linkage complete if your car is automatic (See this thread for kickdown options), and if your '66 is an A-body (Dart/Valiant/Barracuda) without factory A/C, you'd need to convert from the rotating-rod throttle linkage to the cable-type linkage, which means a different accelerator pedal assembly. Alternatively, See the parallel 2bbl setup article. Photo documentation of a very well done such conversion is here.

-
Back