2-Barrel to 4-Barrel Conversion

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It was time for the teen to be upgraded & cleaned up a bit.

P1020357.JPG

Found this LD4B on the shelf & the snowball effect started....
P1020363.JPG

p1020365-jpg.1714868856

Started with some oven cleaner.....YUK

p1020368-jpg.1714868857

Last edited:
So what's it going in? Keep the story going, I'm eventually going to do this on my 318 2 bbl, and I'd like to hear what you run into. What carb. are you going load the old LD4B with?

An LD4B just sitting on the shelf... :D

Sounds a little suspicious to me... :-k

That intake was there on purpose... :glasses7:

Where are you going with this??? :happy1:

Gonna be nice, C! That's a great intake.

So what's it going in? Keep the story going, I'm eventually going to do this on my 318 2 bbl, and I'd like to hear what you run into. What carb. are you going load the old LD4B with?

A few hurdles here & there, but nothing terrible. I'll keep the story going for 'ya....

An LD4B just sitting on the shelf... :D

Sounds a little suspicious to me... :-k

That intake was there on purpose... :glasses7:

Where are you going with this??? :happy1:

KK.....It WAS truly sitting on the shelf & actually on the Demon quite a few years ago HONEST :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know where to start. Great thread and start to your project. I will get going on my LD4b/600 Edelbrock swap when spring comes and temps are in the 60's at least. (you lucky dog C) Keep us posted with your needs and what works. tmm

Looking great C! Lemme know any tricks you have up your sleeve for torqing the intake bolts beside the carb flange. I had a #$&!@# of a time!

Whats your plans for the coil?

From the valve covers and intake, I'm gonna guess that this is on a mid 70's car... 73 - 74....

We ran an LD4B on the kids 71 Valiant with the Edelbrock 600 and it ran great, no stumble, and strong pull off the line...

This will make a big improvement...

What a tease, I'm about to turn green... :)

Looks good so far.

I don't know where to start. Great thread and start to your project. I will get going on my LD4b/600 Edelbrock swap when spring comes and temps are in the 60's at least. (you lucky dog C) Keep us posted with your needs and what works. tmm

I'm hoping I didn't screw this car up by messing with it :prayer:. The damn thing was/is SO dependable, but I wanted a 4 barrel LOL :burnout:

Looking great C! Lemme know any tricks you have up your sleeve for torqing the intake bolts beside the carb flange. I had a #$&!@# of a time!

Whats your plans for the coil?

The custom coil mount is coming in my next post....It turned out really nice IMHO :D

Might be installing the intake tomorrow. I'll let you know on the torquing challenges....

I'm hoping I didn't screw this car up by messing with it :prayer:. The damn thing was/is SO dependable, but I wanted a 4 barrel LOL :burnout:

Don't worry, it will be just as or more dependable with the intake, carb, and electric choke...

Didn't take any pictures of the throttle cable bracket before 3 ears were hacked off of it :eek:ops: & I don't know what Mopar it came off of either :scratch:

Used the existing coil bracket & bolted it to the throttle bracket. I think it will work great!!

p1020422-jpg.jpg

View attachment P1020422.jpg

p1020423-jpg.jpg

View attachment P1020423.jpg

p1020424-jpg.jpg

View attachment P1020424.jpg

p1020425-jpg.jpg

View attachment P1020425.jpg

p1020426-jpg.jpg

View attachment P1020426.jpg

p1020427-jpg.jpg

View attachment P1020427.jpg

p1020429-jpg.jpg

View attachment P1020429.jpg

p1020430-jpg.jpg

View attachment P1020430.jpg

p1020431-jpg.jpg

View attachment P1020431.jpg

Last edited:
Neat coil bracket, I'm partially impressed...

and fully expect a certain response for that comment! LOL

From the valve covers and intake, I'm gonna guess that this is on a mid 70's car... 73 - 74....

Good eyes....:glasses7:

We ran an LD4B on the kids 71 Valiant with the Edelbrock 600 and it ran great, no stumble, and strong pull off the line...

This will make a big improvement...

I'm hoping so...Thanks :)

What a tease, I'm about to turn green... :)

Looks good so far.

Green is a great color too LOL....Thanks :)

And that 600 Edelbrock is the easiest carb on the planet to adjust and tune.

I'm hoping it will be easy to tune. More familiar with Holleys, so this could be quite the learning curve...Thanks :)

-
Back