2-Barrel to 4-Barrel Conversion

-
Puts the throttle cable in the correct spot, as 340's never had 2bbls on them.

thr1.jpg

The pin must be for the kickdown pivot.

Puts the throttle cable in the correct spot, as 340's never had 2bbls on them.

thr1.jpg

So far, youve been spot on with your suggestions, but nobody is listening.

The 340 bracket is correct. The only difference for her car, is the pin would be removed for the 4 speed.

I've been looking around this afternoon for the coil bracket and throttle bracket. Many have suggested the 340 or 6 pack parts but no pictures or part numbers. We get all the proper info together we can spread the word or start a sticky. There is a lot of attention to the teens now days. No reason why we can't bolt on the correct parts and get a fun 300+ hp street cruiser that does everything well and on a budget. Thanks to C for starting the thread and the conversation.

Thanks for this thread. I'm 4 barreling a teen also. Learning lots here. Mine will be auto tho so i will need to get the kickdown correct as well.

Your doing a great job, but after all the effort, why cobble it together ?
Especially when all the parts are inexpensive, and available.

Nice photos! I hope the end of the throttle spring isn't in the cotter key hole on the carb side.

Make sure to use composite Intake gaskets(dissimilar metals) alum vs iron. I used Felpro.

The 6pk bracket iI used is a pain in the crack as one of the nuts is a bugger to get to when moving/removing the coil.

Any more pics C? Inquiring minds want to know.

Nice job and good on you for making things work that you have on hand!

O:)Great thread, I am getting schooled as I am putting the same outfit on my 273. You are doing stellar work and it is fun to look at. Dont get a ticket when it is tuned and doneO:)
DR:coffee2:

Thanks DR for the stellar comment :D. Trying to get this done w/o too much aggravation. There's always more to a project once you get started....

NO tickets planned, but you never know LOL

Here's what tool you need to torque those hard to get at spots.

That would have been real handy today Mike!! Too bad you're not closer....

The old offset wrench we had really helped in a few spots. I doubt you'll have any tool problems when you mount yours :)

Last tip: Paint the manifold bolts, "After" you install them.

We used masking tape inside the socket & have done it before with great success. It works fine, but I can see your point too. Thanks Johnny for your help & suggestions :thumbup:

Nice job and good on you for making things work that you have on hand!

CB....You got the idea right there & hit the nail on the head. We tend to have a few things around that will work or can be made to work :) Thanks for understanding what we're doing here LOL

The snowball effect is in full swing LOL

-
Back