Status
Not open for further replies.

71 Duster 440

Quarter Life Crisis
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I need a set of Carter AFB 2903S carburetors. I'm piecing together a Chrysler/Desoto Long Ram, Sonic Ram, Golden Lion, set up whatever you want to call it. These came on 60-61 Chrysler letter cars with 361, 383, 413, 426, 440 engines. I need the complete set up: carbs, linkage, block off plates or choke parts, exhaust manifolds, air cleaners, etc. Please let me know if you have anything available. Thanks!

Chris

-long-ram-induction-in-street-form-the-long-tube-intake-us.jpg

Are these parts still out there? I can really use some help finding these... Even a comprehensive list of parts needed would do wonders. Part numbers would also help...

A few years ago, my brother was looking at a set-up one of his coworkers had. As far as I remember, he was not pushing the sale so he just may still have it. Give me a day or 2 to find out and I'll let you know. Somewhere in CT I believe

A few years ago, my brother was looking at a set-up one of his coworkers had. As far as I remember, he was not pushing the sale so he just may still have it. Give me a day or 2 to find out and I'll let you know. Somewhere in CT I believe

That would be great. Thank you!

I need a set of Carter AFB 2903S carburetors. I'm piecing together a Chrysler/Desoto Long Ram, Sonic Ram, Golden Lion, set up whatever you want to call it. These came on 60-61 Chrysler letter cars with 361, 383, 413, 426, 440 engines. I need the complete set up: carbs, linkage, block off plates or choke parts, exhaust manifolds, air cleaners, etc. Please let me know if you have anything available. Thanks!

Chris

Do you have the intake already? The linkage is max wedge stuff, and is available repop, as are the block off plates, and balence tube. Exhaust manifolds are made of unabtainium. Carbs and air cleaners can be had but spendy.

Tallked with my brother tonight, he will talk to his co worker mon and get back to me. I'll get back to you then with any info I have. he did say there weren't any carbs though

Do you have the intake already? The linkage is max wedge stuff, and is available repop, as are the block off plates, and balence tube. Exhaust manifolds are made of unabtainium. Carbs and air cleaners can be had but spendy.

I already have the intake and balance tube, yes. I had no idea the linkages were available repop. Are they they same as the max wedge dual 4 bbl intake linkages? It seems to me the rods would need to be much longer. I have a line on some repop air cleaners, but still searching for carbs. Can you link me to some resources for repop parts? Block off plates would be good to have also. Do you happen to know if any Edelbrock carbs work in place of the Carter AFB-2903S? Thanks!

Tallked with my brother tonight, he will talk to his co worker mon and get back to me. I'll get back to you then with any info I have. he did say there weren't any carbs though

Thanks! Correct carbs seem to be very hard to come by. I'll stay tuned for your answer.

I believe I have a pair of these carbs and the air cleaners. I was cleaning out dad's garage a few weeks ago and found them in a box in the corner of the garage. I believe they came off his 1960 Plymouth 361 V-8 that he purchased new. He took them off and installed a single four. I remember him telling me many years ago that he had sold the intakes to a friend not long after he purchased the car, didn't know that he had kept the carbs. I will double check the numbers on the carbs and get back to you.

You can use new Edelbrock/Carter carbs without problems aswell.
I'm running a set of new 625cfm Carters on my longram setup.

I believe I have a pair of these carbs and the air cleaners. I was cleaning out dad's garage a few weeks ago and found them in a box in the corner of the garage. I believe they came off his 1960 Plymouth 361 V-8 that he purchased new. He took them off and installed a single four. I remember him telling me many years ago that he had sold the intakes to a friend not long after he purchased the car, didn't know that he had kept the carbs. I will double check the numbers on the carbs and get back to you.

That would be great, please keep me posted!

You can use new Edelbrock/Carter carbs without problems aswell.
I'm running a set of new 625cfm Carters on my longram setup.

Good to know, thanks!

Chris

We have the set in great shape with air cleaners also in great shape as well call me 909-989-0197 lets make a deal ? a cell number 909-210-7328

Chris

ok we have a set how much do you want to give me for the set and stock aircleaners

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back