2 flashers in my scamp.....?

-
Reaction score
i have a 72 scamp and my blinkers stopped working. Hazards work. Brake lights work. Tail lights and park lights work. So I figured the turn signal switch was dead. Put that in along with a new door matching ignition switch. Sadly, still no turn signals. I have checked all the lights. They are good.

After looking for help I see that dodge as two flashers? Hoisted my fat as$ under the dash and found only two buzzers and the one flasher.

Does my car have two flashers? If so where could it be.

Appreciate your help

In my 68, the turn signal flasher is under the center of the dash. Where it should be, I don't know, mine just kinda hangs down on top of the trans tunnel. The hazard flasher is more or less rectangular, and the turn signal flasher should be a cylinder

Your turn signal flasher is in the middle by the ashtray
Hazard flasher is on the left side of the steering column

First there was a metal bracket on the right side of the ash tray hanger that the signal flasher sat in. If you remove the ash tray you should see a tiny limb of this metal clip. Then later models had a all plastic flasher with a rectangular nub cast on its top. The metal clip was deleted. They poked the nub through a square opening in the same location and rotated the flasher 90 degrees to attach it. So with the ash tray removed you just might see a little bit of plastic showing on the right side of the hanger.
If you have factory a/c its probably best to remove the glove box liner to get there. I have removed the 4 screws from the ash tray hanger and fiddled it around sideways enough to get at the flasher, then coaxed it back in place again. That was with aftermarket knee knocker a/c in the way. And the radio support was in the way of fiddling the ash tray hanger around but I goter done.

Could this be the turn signal flasher?

3DCEBD6F-3F94-48D0-BB77-D4DD7987C36E.jpeg

Found it. Almost under the glove box. Just lying up there. Plugged the working hazard flasher in and still no flashers.

I’ve checked the bulbs, new tsignal switch, New flashers. Brake lights work, tail lights work. What the heckkkkkkk

If that hazard flasher is the proper square type, it might serve left or right signals to stand on and not flash or flash very slow.

Yup checked the fuses first. It’s a round flasher. But no. I thing came on.

These were working about a month ago.

Thanks again for your help.

If throwing parts at it didn't cure it, you'll need wiring diagrams and a test lamp. If you can't get power at that flasher, back to the signal switch. Some of the aftermarket signal switches are junk. Check that turn signal current goes into it and does it come out on the selected left or right wires. There have been several threads about end users tweaking the little metal contacts in switch and/or cancel cam to make them work as they should.

If throwing parts at it didn't cure it, you'll need wiring diagrams and a test lamp. If you can't get power at that flasher, back to the signal switch. Some of the aftermarket signal switches are junk. Check that turn signal current goes into it and does it come out on the selected left or right wires. There have been several threads about end users tweaking the little metal contacts in switch and/or cancel cam to make them work as they should.

Getting no current into th turn signal cam at all.

No power at the flasher.

Does the power go to the flasher hen to thya turn signal then to the lights?

If so where I guess it goes from the fuse box to the flasher? Confused.

I don't know from memory how all this is wired. The hazard switch sends to all 4 corners on the same wires. Can a faulty switch or connector there interrupt turn signal operation? Without wiring diagrams I'm like you, more questions than answers. Sorry

So I hunted around the internet and found some basic dodge flasher wiring as well as tested the hazard flasher. Power to both flashers is constant. Hazard runs off batt Power and rainfall flasher runs off acc Power.

So I jumped Power back to the black side of the flasher and she’s good to go.

Appreciate all the responses.

-
Back