2 speed wiper motor and a 3 speed switch plug??

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Going to try pictures this time. I have two switches. One is part number 3488781 which I was told is a 1972 only two speed wiper motor switch. I have another switch which is part number 3488764 which I think is a 3 speed wiper motor switch. OK, so I had to purchase a used dash harness as mine was toast. Everything electrically works fine but when I cam to plugging in my 2 speed switch, I realized that the donor harness came from a 3 speed wiper motor car, I believe. I just now received what was suppose to be a two speed harness plug to try and swap them out. Upon checking, again, my 2 speed switch will not even come close to plugging into the plug I was just sent? So I am posting pictures of the two switches and also the plug I was sent as a 2 speed plug, and also the 3 speed plug which is still wired into the donor harness I installed. HELP????

IMG_4496 (2).JPG

IMG_4499 (2).JPG

IMG_4501.JPG

Just closely checked and the plug in the car is the same as the one as was shipped as a 2 speed?? It is the one in the picture installed on the 3 speed switch. Not even close to the other switch???

I don't have access to enough piles of parts to properly categorize all the years/ changes in wipers. My standard answer is go to Passion which has a lot of info buried on their website,
Welcome to Passion4Mopars - Because Mopars Are My Passion Too

And then go to MyMopar and download some shop manuals. Both the wiring diagram and the text section in the electrical chapters have useful info on the changes in variable, 2 or 3 speed wiper systems

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - MyMopar Tools/Reference

I don't have access to enough piles of parts to properly categorize all the years/ changes in wipers. My standard answer is go to Passion which has a lot of info buried on their website,
Welcome to Passion4Mopars - Because Mopars Are My Passion Too

And then go to MyMopar and download some shop manuals. Both the wiring diagram and the text section in the electrical chapters have useful info on the changes in variable, 2 or 3 speed wiper systems

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - MyMopar Tools/Reference

Hey thanks I got it figured out #14 It works great.
Thank you for you help

3 speed wiper motor

-
Back