2' X 2' Flat Panel LED Lighting

-

Daves69

Reaction score
Anyone with some K-nowledge about these? Thinking about 4 of them for a basement room 11' X 14' with 78" ceiling. They are running about 55 bucks or so on sale around here from the major HI stores.
Any input, ie…. too much light, too little, what ya' like, what ya' don't, good stuff, or just expensive junk, etc?
TIA
upload_2019-4-4_12-20-42.png

Last edited:
F05D55B4-F973-48E0-A8A5-A21FC2111101.jpeg
I forget what brand I used. But I absolutely love them. Often times, I wonder how I did anything without them. I’ve got 12’ ceilings and they spread nicely. I just put one in my media blasting stall in place of a single bulb socket.

3500k lights are the yellowish (warm) light. I personally hate that color spectrum. My basement has no natural lighting so I installed 5000k lites which is Daylight and I love them. They are also dimmable.

If you want those lights we use Lithonia lighting when doing retrofits and they make very good lights. Those 2x2 panels you've mentioned are also very slim in case your drop ceiling height is tight to the joists.

Here is the cut sheet on those lights with the lumen output.

EPANL Flat Panel - Fully-Luminous LED Flat Panel

Thanks for the responses!

These are dimmable -- so you dont have to worry about 'too bright'
Dimmable is what I'm leaning toward as I look into this stuff more.

If you want those lights we use Lithonia lighting when doing retrofits and they make very good lights. Those 2x2 panels you've mentioned are also very slim in case your drop ceiling height is tight to the joists.

I could actually fit taller troffers in some spots but not in others. I doubt mixing with flats would look balanced. It's duct work and an I-beam that has me tight. A 78" ceiling height was the best I could manage even cutting some cross T tops off. The lights you see in the back are just a couple cans with floods from the old kitchen stuff hung above the mesh between floor joists.
Here's the area I'm looking to light...……
upload_2019-4-26_18-52-1.png

-
Back