2008 5.7 value?

-

Dart fan

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to purchase a 5.7 ,65k on it has been sitting not running for 3years . " it ran when I parked ir " statement.
The question is what do you think a reasonable price would be ?
Thanks

Is it damaged at all? "Ran when parked" and damaged can go hand in hand. I recently sold a 2010 5.7 for an uncle of mine for $900 with 2 broken valve guides (1 per head) and dropped seats on those valves. It was running fine in his challenger but had a valve tick and decided to get it looked at out of precaution. That is when his mechanic found the damage and he decided to go with a whole new engine instead of repairing the one in the car because he needed the car back right away and didn't want to wait for the repairs. I sold it full disclosure and made sure the buyer saw the damage before any money was exchanged, he was very happy with the purchase. That particular motor had an excellent short block but was going to need both heads to be taken off to be repaired/rebuilt. The average "core" price to exchange for a rebuilt one seems to run at about $1,000 so maybe you can go based on that.

Hey
Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to not get buried.

The shipping isn't an issue it's only 30 miles away. The seller isn't a mopar person but still thinks he has something that's worth more than reality.
There's alot of 5.7s available so I'll keep looking I guess.
Maybe he'll come back to earth

I was buying up core early 5.7 engines just five-ish years ago. They all had problems. Most I paid wad 300 bucks. About the same time "runners" were about a grand. Then after covid, everything turned to gold. Low mileage Eagle stuff could be had for 1500 and up. Early stuff was 800 bucks and up. Not anymore. Now early stuff is where the Eagle stuff wad at, and, the Eagle stuff went up exponentially.

The last time I replaced a 5.7l in a Ram the junk yard engine : 75k miles, intake, t-body, fuel rail and injectors, coils, timing cover, water pump, oil pan, flex plate, ex. manifolds, and 1yr warranty was $3400.
I've found similar on Craigslist minus the warranty in the $2500 range.

The shipping isn't an issue it's only 30 miles away. The seller isn't a mopar person but still thinks he has something that's worth more than reality.
There's alot of 5.7s available so I'll keep looking I guess.
Maybe he'll come back to earth
I comprehend that. You’re missing my point. Look online, find a cheap one and just have it shipped…

What year is it and what is the asking price?!! Seems to be a big secret. Tell us the facts and then we'll tell you the rest......

there are plenty of parts that I want but not at the price that people generally want to charge, whether it is 'market value' or not. Sometimes you have to just move on and find another deal elsewhere.

-
Back