2010 mustang goes 8.97@153..

-

stroked 340

Banned
Reaction score
Tasca Ford had their 2010 factory race cobra jet mustang at the n.e. dragway yesterday and went 8.97@ 153 mph...looks like the challenger has its work cut out for it...

I don't know! When you start using power adders (the Cobra Jet is super charged) it's not hard. Just saw an article, I think it was Mopar Action where they put a supercharger on a 6.1L hemi and got 1003 HP, I would think that would be good enough for 8's in a Challenger.

No LX/LC cars in the 8's yet. 9.453 @ 145.4 is the fastest I've seen a timeslip for (Charger). The owner of one of the highest-powered new gen Hemis on the planet (over 1,000 crank HP in a Magnum) passed away last week, whenever his car gets finished I'm sure it'll be impressive.

Weight / traction being the issue huh?

The Challenger Drag Pak cars will be right there with the Cobra Jet cars. The Challenger Drag Pak cars weight 1000 lbs less than a street going version.

The Challenger Drag Pak cars will be right there with the Cobra Jet cars. The Challenger Drag Pak cars weight 1000 lbs less than a street going version.

Really..the Tasca car IS a factory version with a real good tune up..already gone 8.97 i'm sure they'll get more out of it..

Hey Stroked, explain that one to me some please. Tasca?

Hey Stroked, explain that one to me some please. Tasca?

Tasca as in Tasca Ford a dealership in R.I.,you might have heard of Bob Tasca jr. he drive's a funny car in N.H.R.A. and his dad was popular with the early cobra jet program...

not trying to start a fight, but why is it people can not give credit where credit is due? correct me if i am wrong, but the Mustang is a turnkey Drag car, which has run a best of 8.97, to me, that is down right impressive. granted it has a supercharger, but that is still just down right impressive in my book.....some one made mention of a magazine article where over 1000 hp was obtained, while very impressive in itself, the new Challenger is not coming with that motor. if memory serves me right, the Challenger does not even run.......again, not looking to start a fight, would just like someone to explain to me how they do not find the Mustangs performance impressive.....

It seems that Ford has the muscle car thing worked out. The supercharger gives it instant acceleration. I havn't heard if they are having any reliabilty issues. In my opinion, Ford has a better performance lineup than they ever had in the 60's & 70's. Ford always seem to have good race only stuff, but not very fast street stuff until the mid-90's. The fox-bobied Mustang's reminded me of 340 Dart Swingers when driving them. I would put them King of the hill right now.

not trying to start a fight, but why is it people can not give credit where credit is due? correct me if i am wrong, but the Mustang is a turnkey Drag car, which has run a best of 8.97, to me, that is down right impressive. granted it has a supercharger, but that is still just down right impressive in my book.....some one made mention of a magazine article where over 1000 hp was obtained, while very impressive in itself, the new Challenger is not coming with that motor. if memory serves me right, the Challenger does not even run.......again, not looking to start a fight, would just like someone to explain to me how they do not find the Mustangs performance impressive.....

I am not saying it's not impressive it's just that the stock eliminator classes this car and the Challenger Drag Pak cars will run in will wind up being very close in performance.

Tasca Ford had their 2010 factory race cobra jet mustang at the n.e. dragway yesterday and went 8.97@ 153 mph...looks like the challenger has its work cut out for it...[/QUOTE

Where did you get this info? I tried to find it on the web, all I could come up with was a highly modified cj 1995 stang that ran a 8.97@ 153mph.

Take off the rose colored glasses people,you mopar or no car guys make me laugh, running in the 8's with a car built and sold through Ford or any other manufactuer is VERY IMPRESSIVE..say what you want but i'd own one in a heartbeat if i could afford it..p.s. that's faster then the hemi darts/cudas ran from the factory..

Take off the rose colored glasses people,you mopar or no car guys make me laugh, running in the 8's with a car built and sold through Ford or any other manufactuer is VERY IMPRESSIVE..say what you want but i'd own one in a heartbeat if i could afford it..p.s. that's faster then the hemi darts/cudas ran from the factory..

we wish you could too.;)

it's only been 40 yrs since the hemi dart days, glad they finally caught up.=D>

Ya gotta love it when guy'z' on mopar only web sites and wanna brag about fords or chevys that happen to run fast, it cracks me up!:toothy10:

don't tell me...factory eddelbrock heads right?

I wonder what a 1968 S/S HEMI would have run with the same technolgy that the cobra jet has?
I'm not taking anything away from it. Man its fast. I don't think the old tech should be compared to the new tech thats out there.
Does anyone know what class this car is competeing in?
Now, what happen when they put a blower & injection on the 60's tech HEMI? They went Top Fuel racing. LOL

for some reason i seriously doubt Hemi Darts/Cudas ran in the 8's back then. I need to go dig thru the bomb drop zone, aka the garage, to find my Hemi SS books. IF, and that is a big IF, my memory serves me right they, the Hemi Darts/Cudas were running somewhere around the 11's back then....hell, I was only 2 when they were around, so what the hell do I know.....

No the Hemi Dart/Cudas didn't run in the 8's until the last few years. Thats still not to shabby considering the technolgy they are working with.
What I have read, that they were running in the 10's with the slicks. They did give the Mopar guys a head start when Pro Stock came to be. The Mopar guys seemed very competive for the first 3 years, until the rule changers kept adding weight to them.

what is the current record for for the Hemi Darts/Cudas any way?

we wish you could too.;)

it's only been 40 yrs since the hemi dart days, glad they finally caught up.=D>

Ya gotta love it when guy'z' on mopar only web sites and wanna brag about fords or chevys that happen to run fast, it cracks me up!:toothy10:

don't tell me...factory eddelbrock heads right?

No need to take any glasses off i like ALL muscle cars..just stating facts no need to brag about chevys or fords being fast..i have a Mopar that is...

-
Back