2012 truck engine in a duster

Discussion in 'New Hemi Engine Swaps' started by Edsrt, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Edsrt

Edsrt Active Member

Local Time:
    12:51 AM
    I am new to this forum but had A bodies all my life.i recently acquired a 2012 ram 5.7 complete with engine harness, no pcm.i would like to put it in my 1970 duster 4spd,Bolting the engine in the car seems easy enough ie mounts , exhaust and mds delete . I would like to use the factory fuel injection and possibly the vvt system . Called mopar performance about using their crate motor installation kit and was told it will not work on this year engine. Has anyone use the mopar kit on engine other than their crate motor

2. JDMopar

JDMopar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  3. Edsrt

Edsrt Active Member

Local Time:
    Thanks I was looking at them and also megasquirt and the Mopar kit seemed be the best fit, because I could not see much difference between controlling a challenger 5.7 and a truck 5.7

4. JDMopar

JDMopar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    One more place that I forgot about, that I may very well use myself! Good prices, and they seem to know their stuff.
    Products – Swap Specialties

5. KosmicKuda

KosmicKuda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    [QUOTE="Edsrt, post: 1972012538, member: 52986 I Called mopar performance about using their crate motor installation kit and was told it will not work on this year engine. Has anyone use the mopar kit on engine other than their crate motor[/QUOTE]

I believe somewhere in the "new" Mopar harness documentation it states it is for 2014 and newer engines.

6. Edsrt

Edsrt Active Member

Local Time:
    I believe somewhere in the "new" Mopar harness documentation it states it is for 2014 and newer engines.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks I I was trying to figure out what the difference between a 2012 and a 2014 because I thought they changed in 2015 em wise