2013 Dodge Challenger RENTAL!!!

-

DA69RT GT

South Florida Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
How cool was it to come out of the airport and find the keys sitting in this beauty as my car rental in Texas for the next week!!!???
My wife kept tellin me to go down and test drive one... so this is savin me the trouble.
:burnout:

Attachments

• chally1photo.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 584
  • chall2photo.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 600
Yea... V6 but this thing goes pretty darn good. Only 2000mi on her. Nice lo Mopar rumble when you get on it. Still tryin to get used to this keyless entry thing...

Ill tell you what.... my wife and were talking last night about that. She said, "well, if we sell the Dart..."
Kind of put it all in perspective. I would consider it- BUT I told her I really feel we (I) would regret it 10 yrs from now.

I think we are gonna wait a few yrs- sell her car and possibly buy a used/leased Challenger thats "broke in".
One of my concerns is that I really didnt like how the automatic trans shifts with this car. Nice when hand-shifting but didnt care for how it performs in Drive... My brother told me the computers on new cars learn/adapt to the driver driving pattern in the 1st 1000 miles?

The v6 has some decent power .... for a v6 of course lol

Yeah, 30 hp more than a 340 back in the day, with less cubes than a /6 (220 c.i.) Amazing how well that 3.6 handles 2 tons of automobile, especially with the lower gears. The standard v-6 Challenger has something like a 2.65 gear ratio but you can get an optional 3.07, which makes quite a bit of difference. I wish I could have gotten the 3.92 rear in mine, but it's not available on the v-6 cars.
Dallas

Ill tell you what.... my wife and were talking last night about that. She said, "well, if we sell the Dart..."
Kind of put it all in perspective. I would consider it- BUT I told her I really feel we (I) would regret it 10 yrs from now.

I think we are gonna wait a few yrs- sell her car and possibly buy a used/leased Challenger thats "broke in".
One of my concerns is that I really didnt like how the automatic trans shifts with this car. Nice when hand-shifting but didnt care for how it performs in Drive... My brother told me the computers on new cars learn/adapt to the driver driving pattern in the 1st 1000 miles?

I sold the 2 Shelby trucks that I bought new to justify the purchase of my Rallye Redline, no regrets so far.

I have also heard about the car adapting to your driving pattern. To make sure mine learns only good habits, I make it a point to make a hard run to 100 or so most every time I drive it. I don't want it to get lazy! LOL
Dallas

I will be flying into Arlington Texas next month, what did it run you and who did u rent it through?

My '05 Ram was sluggish and upshifted through the gears way too soon when it was new. However, within 2 weeks it was anticipating my every move and making the appropriate changes up or down. I love it.

My '10 Challenger R/T (stock 5.7 Hemi) has all the power I realistically need on the street (and turned 13.51 in the quarter), as long as I put my foot into it or shift it manually. However, in D it is still as sluggish today as when I got it 3 years ago. I tried "training" it for quite a while from the start when knew but she's a slow learner and never got the jest of my training. I'll eventually get a DS tuner and tweak it around a bit.

I have several '12-'13 Chargers at work and I absolutely LOVE the "proximity" key FOB for doors and start. You have to get use to it at first. Now, I sure wish my Challenger had that feature. They didn't have it yet back in '10 .

I gave up a Lil Red Express Truck in order to buy my Challenger with absolutly no regrets. However, I don't know that I could give up my Cuda for a Challenger. I think the ONLY thing that could maybe make that worthwhile would be a special model and/or color 392 SRT with 6 speed and plenty of bells and whistles. Hmmmm...

Originally Posted by MOBodyman
I have also heard about the car adapting to your driving pattern. To make sure mine learns only good habits, I make it a point to make a hard run to 100 or so most every time I drive it. I don't want it to get lazy! LOL
Dallas

Thats good advice Dallas! :thumleft:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Originally Posted by mopardrt
I will be flying into Arlington Texas next month, what did it run you and who did u rent it through?

I got it from National... think it was $250 PLUS taxes and RECOUP FEE for wk (the taxes and recoup fee are what hurts and are obviously getting ridiculous).

I've had my 2013 Challenger for a little over a week now and absolutely love it.

Attachments

• New Challenger 008.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 333
Very nice ride 65 Dartman.
Lucked out again... flew into NY and saw a Chally at the end as they were about to put me in a Ford Taurus.
I said- how 'bout the blue Challenger. She said the outside wasnt washed yet- but if I wanted it that way... no problem.

Very cool Blue Metallic color. BUT gotta say... as much as I enjoy driving these new cars, I still enjoy driving my 69 Dart vert more. I guess Im just old school cause Id rather hear the rumble and feel the rattle. lol

Attachments

• blue chally.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 271
  • Feb 2012 iPhone pics 126a.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 272
They are fun and plenty powerful. But no they are just not the same!

Attachments

• IMG_0170.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0171.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 264
Now wait a second gdrill...
if I was drivin that thing the past couple weeks, I may just change my mind about owning one!
Very nice ride.

Thanx man....it is actually my wife's car....for now. Once it is a few years older it will be mine and I will be playing with the power plant a little bit then!

Thanx man....it is actually my wife's car....for now. Once it is a few years older it will be mine and I will be playing with the power plant a little bit then!

Ah ha!, you are a real sneak!
What will you get to replace it for her?

That's the way we work it in our house as well. My wife drives the newer and it gets passed down. Thought about the Challenger R/T many times. Too many other things going on, couple of home renovations and working the debt free thing so...not going to happen.

I do keep admiring them though. Maybe when they become just old cars like the original and before they sky rocket in value when they become collectible. Grab them in the in between down time, if that ever happens.

-
Back