2014 5.7 hemi police package

-

mark studley

Reaction score
Hi gents and ladies it has been a while since I have posted due to life getting in the way of my build.I bought a 2014 hemi with a 5 speed automatic transmission with 35000 mi it came from a wrecked police car I got the motor complete wiring harness computer fly by wire gas peddle and boxes of other stuff from a friend. The motor has had the cam , cam bearings , lifters and other things replaced. I was told it was a police package can anyone tell me what the differences are between a non police and a police package and will it affect me putting it in my 67 dart gt convertible. any thoughts would be great. just a side note the motor was going to go in a 1948 Dodge cabover which is looking fine my friend is going with a diesel in stead I believe.

Rumor has it that some Michigan Pursuit cars got Hellcat motors but I havent seen any documentation.

I supposedly have a police engine in my car as well, out of a 2006 Charger. As I understand it, there are no differences in the engine itself (I didn't see any when tearing it apart either). The main differences are in the systems that are installed on the car to support it, like a heavier duty cooling package and maybe an oil cooler or stuff like that.

I have a fleet of them at work. The engine is the same as a civilian unit. The TCM is tuned differently. Higher shift points under part throttle, medium and full throttle. They wind up like a banshee!

I have a fleet of them at work. The engine is the same as a civilian unit. The TCM is tuned differently. Higher shift points under part throttle, medium and full throttle. They wind up like a banshee!
Thank you for all your response I just have to get to work on the install.

-
Back