2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat: The End is Near…

-
Buy one, gut it, slap a '420' sticker on the side and your good![/QUOTE]

Sure you can gut one and build a street fighter... I'm just saying Dodge could / should build a lower cost lighter weight model for the more hardcore performance guy. Referring to what doogievlg said earlier. Just like Mopar originally did in 1968 with the Roadrunner and Super Bee. The 1320 is more or less the blueprint for that package. I know SRT sort of tried this with "Core" models. The Core Challenger brought the price down vs. a regular SRT but those cars didn't lose much weight or gain in performance.

im going to say 90% of the nay Sayers. wouldn't buy the car even if it did beat the ragmaro or ruststain . they just cost to much.

Buy one, gut it, slap a '420' sticker on the side and your good!

Sure you can gut one and build a street fighter... I'm just saying Dodge could / should build a lower cost lighter weight model for the more hardcore performance guy. Referring to what doogievlg said earlier. Just like Mopar originally did in 1968 with the Roadrunner and Super Bee. The 1320 is more or less the blueprint for that package. I know SRT sort of tried this with "Core" models. The Core Challenger brought the price down vs. a regular SRT but those cars didn't lose much weight or gain in performance.[/QUOTE]

I bought a 14 SRT Core. I like it. It wasn't too much more then the RT.

I do love the new Challenger. It's just to pricey for me. I'm a mixed person. I love old school cars ( carbs , 4 speeds and straight line performance). But I also love new cars ( fuel injection, od trans and handling). Mopar has done a very good job with the Challenger just not great. So until a Challenger comes down into a real mans price range I'll be driving my Mustang.

I'm a mixed person. I love old school cars ( carbs , 4 speeds and straight line performance). But I also love new cars ( fuel injection, od trans and handling).

We can have both with the older platform, been done quite a few times.

We can have both with the older platform, been done quite a few times.

Yes you are right. But I like the difference between the two. When I think old cars I think roll up windows, no A/C bench seats. That's the beauty of old cars is how they were made and perform. I don't have a problem with all this mod craze but when you change an older car so much so that it more like a new car, just buy a new car. Why change the roots? If you want apples don't plant an orange tree and try to change it to produce apples.

Yes you are right. But I like the difference between the two. When I think old cars I think roll up windows, no A/C bench seats. That's the beauty of old cars is how they were made and perform. I don't have a problem with all this mod craze but when you change an older car so much so that it more like a new car, just buy a new car. Why change the roots? If you want apples don't plant an orange tree and try to change it to produce apples.

To shut people up that rag on old car handling and comfort.

If I could have a old abody that was as comfortable to drive as my new car I would drive it every single day.

Well said. I enjoy the old cars as they were built. If I want to see a modern hemi, I'll pop the hood of my RAM..

Damn man....we need to start making our old Mopars faster to compete with these go fast newbies.
They don't even know what the hell we're driving when we pull into the cruise with ol Ma' Mopar.

Damn man....we need to start making our old Mopars faster to compete with these go fast newbies.
They don't even know what the hell we're driving when we pull into the cruise with ol Ma' Mopar.

We worked this out the other day...the 360 we will be using will be the biggest engine on our driveway which includes my Hemi RAM and Mustang GT.

the thought of racing a rice burner doesn't compute with me..

I am sure you can get a body in white and make a 2,800 lbs-3,000lbs car. What kills me is that everyone must have A/C, power windows, power seats, insulation, etc.etc. Make a light weight version of this car. Build it like a road race car. It will still go fast and it can turn.
Sorry for the rant. Dodge needs to build a CAR it can sell first. People will make it fast.

Probably the best post on the thread. ^^^^^^

I disagree.
Older cars are great but modern necessities are a plus when handling, braking as well as safety concerns.
I like to see older cars made to spank new tochnology.

I gotta admit Ive been spanked by several newer cars and don't claim to have the fastest car on the planet but built to my personal tastes much better than stock.

Nope...I don't argue with safety..that is a different question...and god knows, the car does need some upgrade...

-
Back