2018 Small block build

-

dadodgekid

When in doubt... floor it
Reaction score
After changing my mind between, Big block, Gen 3 hemi, and small block 20 something times, I've realized to be most cost effective, I will use what I have and stay small block.
So being a Fresh build and a fresh engine, I thought I would share.
" 408 "
1972 Virgin 360 block which will get hard blocked and torquue plated for boring and honing, main studs... etc etc
4.0" stroke Eagle Forged crank
Eagle H- Beam Rods
4.060 Wiesco Domed Pistons with thin ring package and gas ported. ( Thanks Pittsburgracer!)
Cam is undecied

Now the Fun part
Cylinder heads are later 80's casting of Diamond W-2's which are aluminum, I have them at a local shop near me which do killer work on all sorts of heads, 2jZ, air cooled porsche, CNC work.. etc, SO we are planning on 5/16 stem valves, Titanium, and updated valve train.

All this is going to be in my 72' Duster... Pictures to follow!

Heres the car

B484CCAE-E871-4661-8ACB-CF5B8151222B.jpeg

A3D627C7-81DB-47D6-99ED-F09D54DAE8D4.jpeg

93AAB57C-B4C2-41B7-AF73-88D8826C42D6.jpeg

Oh wow
I had a pair of w2 cast iron that had those huge rectangle ports.(batten ports)
Regret selling them but your diamonds should flow awesome and lightweight to boot.

cool heads. I wanted a set in the 1980s but I was too cheap. unless u r racing for the world championship I suggest steel exhaust valves for longevity. keep us posted. and hey dodgekid, a duster is a plymouth haha.

cool heads. I wanted a set in the 1980s but I was too cheap. unless u r racing for the world championship I suggest steel exhaust valves for longevity. keep us posted. and hey dodgekid, a duster is a plymouth haha.

I am aware a duster is a plymouth, when I made the name I was putting togther my dart/ demon clone......which infact are both DODGE's :thumbsup:
....Moparkid was taken lol And most likely Titanium Intake valve and steel exhaust. but we shall see what my guy has in store, he really gets into the vintage stuff and making the best of it!

-
Back