• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
I'm beat, but we got a lot of tree work done. Had a guy from work come up and knock down some HUGE branches that hung off over where I'm going to put up a garage. It drizzled off and on. One more dead walnut tree to down, then this will be another hurdle behind me :)

The beast branch in the picture was about 3 feet in diameter would be my guess
DSCN1875.JPG

I'm beat, but we got a lot of tree work done. Had a guy from work come up and knock down some HUGE branches that hung off over where I'm going to put up a garage. It drizzled off and on. One more dead walnut tree to down, then this will be another hurdle behind me :)

The beast branch in the picture was about 3 feet in diameter would be my guess
View attachment 1715334016

Alot of good firewood there...

You do know that Walnut and Black Walnut are very expensive woods in the woodworking community. The right tree could buy you a bunch of parts.

As long as the center did not rot out from a bad branch, and the trunk is good should be no problem. But would need to be cut into long lengths to cut boards from at a saw mill by the woodworker.

As long as the center did not rot out from a bad branch, and the trunk is good should be no problem. But would need to be cut into long lengths to cut boards from at a saw mill by the woodworker.
This last tree (the walnut) isn't that big of a tree. Maybe a 16" diameter tree...

Still enough to get a couple fireplace mantles out of, they usually run between $400.00 to $800.00 each depending on availability and location. At least they do in my neck of the woods.

As long as it's not rotten or full of nails it should be worth something.

318needsmorevalves picked up another vote.
Still enough to get a couple fireplace mantles out of, they usually run between $400.00 to $800.00 each depending on availability and location. At least they do in my neck of the woods.
I'll check into it….. thanks

Cut it into 16 in lengths and split it...
Put it in your wood stove or fireplace and warm your house..

What ever you do with it, do not use it in your fire-pit, to cook over, burning walnut to cook over can poison you.

What ever you do with it, do not use it in your fire-pit, to cook over, burning walnut to cook over can poison you.
And it poisons the ground to the point where you can grow nothing but grass and weeds
The walnut tree puts off a chemical called juglone and it kills alot of different plants and flowers. My yard is full of walnut trees we have like 10 adult walnut trees and probably a dozen more juvenile ones that just came up. These suckeers grow like weeds and the next thing you know you have a tree. But anyway I tried to plant a garden for years and years and never could yield anything. We would get stuff like squash and cucumbers and green beans do ok. But corn tomatoes onions and alot of other stuff that isnt coming to mind just wouldn't produce. It would grow but then the plants would turn yellow wilt and die. And everyone I asked gave me different opinions and advice. It was stuff like I'm not watering the enough I'm watering to much my runoff isnt right my nitrogen levels was wrong bla bla bla. Year after year nothing worked I thought that i just sucked at gardening. So after probably 10 years of failed attempts I gave it up well last year (about 3 years after I quit trying) I was reading a book about agricultural and the black walnut was in that book it was talking about how it poisons the ground and stuff and I started researching it and sure enough the symptoms were the same as I was getting. So it was the juglone in my soul killing the garden and not me! Lol

Things you never thought you would learn on a mopar site!
Or things that make you go Hmmmmm:wtf::D

And it poisons the ground to the point where you can grow nothing but grass and weeds
The walnut tree puts off a chemical called juglone and it kills alot of different plants and flowers. My yard is full of walnut trees we have like 10 adult walnut trees and probably a dozen more juvenile ones that just came up. These suckeers grow like weeds and the next thing you know you have a tree. But anyway I tried to plant a garden for years and years and never could yield anything. We would get stuff like squash and cucumbers and green beans do ok. But corn tomatoes onions and alot of other stuff that isnt coming to mind just wouldn't produce. It would grow but then the plants would turn yellow wilt and die. And everyone I asked gave me different opinions and advice. It was stuff like I'm not watering the enough I'm watering to much my runoff isnt right my nitrogen levels was wrong bla bla bla. Year after year nothing worked I thought that i just sucked at gardening. So after probably 10 years of failed attempts I gave it up well last year (about 3 years after I quit trying) I was reading a book about agricultural and the black walnut was in that book it was talking about how it poisons the ground and stuff and I started researching it and sure enough the symptoms were the same as I was getting. So it was the juglone in my soul killing the garden and not me! Lol

Interesting... I have walnut trees all over out in my back yard. Good firewood.

Maple burns decent. Not many kinds of wood I pass up when it comes to heating the house... It pretty much all burns better than snowballs.
well, I don't have a wood burner. My house is natural gas. But, I may put a small wood burner in the garage ….. when it's finally built.... LOL

-
Back