• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Are the bolt holes in the same spot? And they just go at a different angle? And it's really hard to drill that angle? You need something to keep your drill bit straight assume..

I'm just curious I've never had a magnum out and available to do that, set a regular la intake on it.

I'm just curious I've never had a magnum out and available to do that, set a regular la intake on it.
LOOK at the Chinese magnum intakes, because they have the bolt holes to mount on magnum or LA. That would give you the best view by looking at a picture. Magnums go straight down like a small block Ford.

I was doing google searches for the jig and came up empty, one place used to sell them but not anymore

Bridgeport. Block fixture, drill stock in intake bolt.
Record angle and location.

Set intake on Bridgeport and drill?

Last edited:
LOOK at the Chinese magnum intakes, because they have the bolt holes to mount on magnum or LA. That would give you the best view by looking at a picture. Magnums go straight down like a small block Ford.
I got the angle, I just didn't notice if they were in the same spot. Could a jig be made by bolting something to the Magnum hold down area to be able to drill the la pattern?

Got this of article from Hughes
art103f.jpg

This head has been drilled for both bolt patterns

My furnace is electric... It sucks. The first 4 years I lived here, other than a 10 minute run to make sure my furnace worked it was never used. This last year I slacked off on firewood... Big mistake. Power bill went from around $140 a month to about $450...
I ran a furnace for years and got sick of 400 dollar electric bills so I switched to the infrared heaters I have three one on each end of the house and one in the middle and as long as my doors stay open it heats pretty good. My highest bill this winter was 175

Got this of article from HughesView attachment 1715336186
This head has been drilled for both bolt patterns
Maybe two simple jigs just as the picture shows here. 1 jig basically exactly as the picture shows with the first one bolted down by the three Magnum bolts with guides to drill the three La bolts. Then the second jig the opposite of this one in the picture?

Todays adventures included going for groceries, somemore cleaning out behind the dart and finally after several months picking up a milodon stock pan.

View attachment 1715333561

View attachment 1715333562

Found everything in the trunk of the dart that I left in it when I parked it in the garage.

View attachment 1715336155 View attachment 1715336156

Finally got all the crap off of the trunk lid and the roof now I actually almost see a car.

View attachment 1715336158

Update ???

Still working on getting the garage stuff away from the Dart so I can move it over more to the center.

Rebuilding my Yazoo mower deck so I can cut and bale my yard. lol. The grass is getting plenty tall with all the rain we are getting.

Gotta measure the bearings, order an oil pump... A tie rod adjuster, upper ball joint and a couple of strut rod bushings... I should be good to start building... Well, other than measuring, possibly cutting and some welding... Or buying more parts...

Well it looks like Yellow Rose had something to say about this thread. Disagreed with me on some comment I made on page 15? Someone must be doing their reading up...

Well it looks like Yellow Rose had something to say about this thread. Disagreed with me on some comment I made on page 15? Someone must be doing their reading up...
and I got a thanks on page 15 from YR... :D

-
Back