• 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Isn't planing straight?
actually leaves circular marks... you can see it in this picture
dscn1870-jpg.jpg

Are you going to tackle the runners ? BTW , looking good
thanks. I will buff the exhaust runners to dull the casting. The intake runners will get the push rod area massaged, and the valve cover bolt lump removed.

Todays adventures included going for groceries, somemore cleaning out behind the dart and finally after several months picking up a milodon stock pan.

20190510_172652.jpg

20190510_172722.jpg

Pictures ? I will thank you in advance, LOL

yes, I'll post pictures. However, they will look like the ones I posted about 40 pages back in this thread..... LOL

Looks like it was done with a blanchard grinder (sp).
A very accurate way to get a flat surface, we have a few at work.

Yeah, 3 people had 3 different machines they thought. My camera shows the cut better than what you can see with the naked eye. I really don't know or have a guess myself.

You can control the RA on finish with a grinder, depending on which grade stone used.
That looks really rough for a surface finish, I am used to seeing 63 RA finish on products we make. Super smooth.
But I work in the aircraft industry, that looks in the photos to be a RA 125 or greater, which will give the head gasket some bite.
Nothing wrong with it for the application.

You can control the RA on finish with a grinder, depending on which grade stone used.
That looks really rough for a surface finish, I am used to seeing 63 RA finish on products we make. Super smooth.
But I work in the aircraft industry, that looks in the photos to be a RA 125 or greater, which will give the head gasket some bite.
Nothing wrong with it for the application.
I agree. We do RA and RZ finish test also. I could measure these with a pocket perthometer, or a contour tracer. But, I agree with what you say, it's a great finish for the application.
I wasn't impressed on how far they had new exhaust seat "umbrella" over the bowl, and how they didn't really do much to utilize the "2.02" intake by cutting back the bowls. Fixing that now, though.... :D

Just a production part, for common use.
Just deal with it, most likely rebuilt for a stock engine, which also would work ok.

I picked it up at their store here in peoria and saved shipping. Plus did it across the counter instead of thru ebay and they saved on the fees.
Saved $60 on rhe pan and $15 on the shipping.

They have 1 left for 360s. and a couple for 340 that are $10 cheaper that the 360 ones.
Want me to pick one up for you?

They have 1 left for 360s. and a couple for 340 that are $10 cheaper that the 360 ones.
Want me to pick one up for you?
thanks, but I will pass means I just purchased the one from here (even though it's a stock pan with no baffle). It should work for my needs.

Time for. Chips and salsa agin. An don't for get the big ol mug of sweet tea.

Rained all day here and in the 50s.

-
Back