2020 woodward Dream Cruise cancelled by the promoters

-
I guess that was to be expected.

I live in a car crazy area with several car cruises EVERY night of the week. Just about all of them have been cancelled or postponed but for the last several weeks, cars have been showing up anyway. Even without music and food, we need to get out. It depends on the weather. Old guys don't like humidity, high temps, or threat of rain, but the local Saturday night cruise has been getting 400 cars per night. 2 weeks ago I got there late at 5:30 and barely found a place to park.

Cars will still show up at Woodward. Freedom of speech and horsepower. You can't totally shut down that many people. If Woodward is blocked, cruise the Interstates.

Sounds like i won't be going this year. Too far to drive with no guarantees.

It's not about the guys driving.

I think the concern is the shoulder to shoulder spectators, up and down Woodward for miles.
We all know how fast C-19 spread in the crowded subways of NYC, although this is outside, so it would have to be less of a chance of getting it.

You mention old guys not liking humidity and high temps. They are finding out that C-19 spreads faster with increased humidity. And heat doesn't kill it off, as once thought.

This year sucks.

I figured this would happen unfortunately. I’m sure there will still be lots of cars though. I may take a run up there one of the days.

Correct. Actual cruising is fine.

No sitting and watching. No special parking.
No displays by sponsors. No porta-johns.

Nothing to stop a guy from driving down the street, though!

-
Back