2021 NHRA "Silly Season" - Post Up News/Rumors About The Upcoming 2021 Season

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is the spot for any 'tween seasons news or rumors you've heard or read.
We'll start it off with some news about the 2021 NHRA season schedule and then some pretty big news about Pro Stock Motorcycle:

* NHRA released their 2021 season schedule awhile back. A recent article on competition.com (NHRA ANNOUNCES COMPLETE 2021 CLASS SCHEDULE | Competition Plus) says at 17 Camping World Drag Racing Series national events, professional teams will run three qualifying sessions over two days, Friday and Saturday, with final eliminations on Sunday. At five events, pro teams will run two qualifying sessions on Saturday with final eliminations on Sunday. This quick-draw format, which was utilized as NHRA first returned to racing in July 2020, provides racing excitement, and allows economic balance for all stakeholders in current times. NHRA expects to return to the customary four qualifying runs in the future.

Races in Atlanta (March 26-28), the first stop in Pomona (April 9-11), Phoenix (April 23- 25), Richmond (June 4-6) and Seattle (July 30-Aug. 1) are all scheduled three-day events with two qualifying sessions for the Camping World Drag Racing Series classes.
The event schedule and venue for an additional event on June 18-20 will be released at a future date.

* Post on competition.com from Vance & Hines confirmed that Harley-Davidson has decided to withdraw support for their factory teams in American Flat Track racing. This includes both AFT and NHRA. Vance & Hines confirmed their manufacturing portion of the company will redeploy its racing development team towards creating high performance products for a variety of vehicles, brands and race series in both two and four-wheel segments. At this time, there is no word whether riders Andrew Hines, Eddie Krawiec and Angelle Sampey will return to NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle in 2021.

17 weeks to the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals and the start of the 2021 season.

Whatcha heard? Post 'em up here...

On the last race of 2020 NHRA reduced prize money by 50% and reduced the saleries of NHRA employees by 60% . We are in an era where media prevails . The mega saleries of pro athletes and the mega expense that goes with it is mind-blowing . John force bowed out of competition because he couldn't cover his expenses . I know I'm off topic here but grassroots racing is extremely popular now as well as nostalgia events . NHRA NASCAR NHL NBA WNBA IRL ae all hurting for $ because of their inflated egos and greed . I love minor league baseball and nostalgia door slammer racing . I love the ticket prices as well .

On the last race of 2020 NHRA reduced prize money by 50% and reduced the saleries of NHRA employees by 60% . We are in an era where media prevails . The mega saleries of pro athletes and the mega expense that goes with it is mind-blowing . John force bowed out of competition because he couldn't cover his expenses . I know I'm off topic here but grassroots racing is extremely popular now as well as nostalgia events . NHRA NASCAR NHL NBA WNBA IRL ae all hurting for $ because of their inflated egos and greed . I love minor league baseball and nostalgia door slammer racing . I love the ticket prices as well .

Major sponsorship $ has to be way down due to Coronafication. No spectators in the bleachers is a major revenue loss, and no definite relief for that in the immediate future.

competitionplus.com reported today that John Collins is taking over the Crew Chief duties for Cruz Pedregons Funny Car for the 2021 NHRA Season and bringing over the entire crew from Tommy Johnson Jrs. DSR Funny Car operation.

Technically not "Silly Season" news, but Competition.com has a great article on the Greek.
And Garlits says the Greek is 92. Piloting a Top Fuel car at 92...that's amazing!

KARAMESINES CALLS IT A CAREER, SO HOW OLD IS HE? | Competition Plus

I'm pretty sure that his new pilot is the daughter of a water truck driver I worked with long ago, Bobby Baldwin. After work took me away from the LA Basin I learned he had a TF car, he never said a single word about it at work that I knew of.

I'm pretty sure that his new pilot is the daughter of a water truck driver I worked with long ago, Bobby Baldwin. After work took me away from the LA Basin I learned he had a TF car, he never said a single word about it at work that I knew of.

Krista Baldwin is Bobby's daughter and the Greek's granddaughter.

Krista Baldwin is Bobby's daughter and the Greek's granddaughter.

My work associate up here was a longtime drag racer and National Dragster issues were always in our office. One day I just happened to see a picture from Pomona in an issue "Hey! I know that guy!" it was Bobby Baldwin. He sure never mentioned he was The Greek's SIL around me :lol:.

Not 'Silly Season' news, but take a look at the bodywork on this TF Harley from Australia.
Certainly something different...

20201212nitrochallenge-68.jpg

I like Stewart, he doesn't sissy fight like today's pussy drivers. Says it like it is.

Yeah . like him walking up and grabbing another drivers wifes *** before each race , wouldn`t have done it but once w/ me .
Also swerving and hitting a guy on the track , little bastard needed prosecuted !!

Yeah . like him walking up and grabbing another drivers wifes *** before each race , wouldn`t have done it but once w/ me .
Also swerving and hitting a guy on the track , little bastard needed prosecuted !!

He didn't swerve and hit anybody...That little punk should not have been where he was. Tragic but avoidable.

He didn't swerve and hit anybody...That little punk should not have been where he was. Tragic but avoidable.

B.S. , u need to find the replay and watch it , I watched it 4 times , HE DID SWERVE AND0 HIT THAT GUY !!
If ur that blind u need more than f glasses !
The guy shouldn`t have been out on the track , but there have been quite a few that have done it after being taken out on purpose ,
FIND THE REPLAY !!

-
Back