2022 MATS Las Vegas

-
That’s the same weekend that my buddies and I will be in Vegas for March Madness. I like when they occur simultaneously because I save on hotel expenses. I usually attend Saturday MATS and drive home that afternoon/evening.

I suggest that if you ever have want to go to MATS = do it this year!
Phil is my friend and I know it is getting more and more difficult for him to work
out a date and agreement with LVMS!

Our Business: Boulder City Trailers will be the Primary Sponsor
of the Big Stock / Super Stock Eliminator.

This is a very Rare on the West Coast Event where we are not under
scrutiny of NHRA, We can let loose of our cars without getting a
performance penalty and show what they can really do all out!

Last edited:
I have always wanted to go but I can't stand Las Vegas. Too much city bs and tweakers.

How far do you all stay from the track? What is tech like?

I have always wanted to go but I can't stand Las Vegas. Too much city bs and tweakers.
How far do you all stay from the track? What is tech like?

No need to stay in the city or in a hotel/motel.
I don't like the hotels because they're way too noisy after a day at the drags.
We usually stay in a timeshare rental (we don't own a timeshare). There are lots of them available in Las Vegas.
The best place we ever stayed was a hotel up on Mt. Charleston - about 20 miles from the track. It's about 7500' altitude and we had snow on the ground when we were there years ago for the first NHRA national event at The Strip.
There are also lots of weekend vacation house rentals available in Las Vegas/North Las Vegas/Summerlin/Henderson. Check out alternatives online.

Last edited:
Boulder City = 35 miles away freeway = Clean and Green!
Lots of Reasonable Motels.

Last edited:
No mention of any concerts or party's at the host hotel?

Also looks like hotels are much cheaper either the weekend before or the weekend after. Is that because of the March madness thing ?

Last edited:
Still winter in Las Vegas too!
F yeah, I froze one year, about 50F and 30 mph sustained winds. The swap area was a huge parking lot with no wind breaks. Grandstands were not much better. I just didn't dress for it and I paid. If anyone from So. Cal wants to caravan or carpool, Ill start a thread in the WC regional board.

Last edited:
I was there the year it snowed on Saturday. Another year it was howling winds that blew everything around. Another year it was like an oven. Most of the years it has been very nice weather.

I was there the year it snowed on Saturday.

A group of us from Inland Mopars Car Club in SoCal used to direct the show car parking. I remember the year that it snowed. You could see the storm rolling in across the desert and all of sudden the show car parking became an "Oklahoma Land Rush" stampede as most of the cars rushed to their trailers or any other shelter they could find.

Who all is going. I finally got my transmission back together and running. I wanted to go to Spring Fling but my wife says she can’t go to the west coast and 2 weeks later to east coast in the car. We are going out to Rhodesia Island first week in May. So I figure In March to Vegas will be a good spread. Not much travel distance between Vegas and SoCAL. Still about 14 hours.

-
Back