2023 14th Annual FABO NASCAR "Pick 'Em" Game - Here We Go Again!!!

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It's time to start this thread so I don't forget the 2023 pre-season bonus event.
"The Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum" is back at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and will kick off the 2023 NASCAR season on February 5, 2023. The start time is later this year so the race will end under stadium lights.

https://www.nascar.com/2023/busch-light-clash-at-the-coliseum

I haven't yet found a list of eligible drivers for the 2023 Clash but will post one as soon as possible.

Saturday, Feb. 4: Drivers will take to the quarter-mile paved oval for a two-hour practice session on Fox Sports 1 starting at 6:00pm EST (3:00pm PST), then end the first day with single-car qualifying runs at 8:30pm EST (5:30pm PST) on Fox Sports 1.
The single-car qualifying speeds will determine the fields and lineups for Sunday’s four heat races.

• Sunday, Feb. 5: Heat races
Schedule: 5:00pm EST (2:00pm PST), FOX
There will be four 25-lap heat races with 10 cars in each race Sunday, with those events starting at 5:00pm EST (2:00pm PST). The four fastest cars from Saturday’s single-car qualifying will be on the pole for each heat race (fastest speed in the first heat race, second fastest speed in the second heat race, etc.). The remainder of the field will be filled out in the same manner.
For example, the first heat race will consist of cars with qualifying speeds ranked one, five, nine, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29, 33 and 37 on the speed chart. The second heat race will consist of cars with qualifying speeds ranked two, six, 10, 14, 18, 22, 26, 30, 34, 38. And so on.

• How to advance from the heat race to the Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum:
The top four finishers in each heat race — 16 total cars — will automatically advance through to the Clash later in the evening. The winner of the first heat race will start on the pole, with the outside pole going to the winner of the second heat race.
The winners of heat race three and four will make up the second row. The remaining order for the 16 cars will be filled out in the same manner.

• Sunday, Feb. 5: Last Chance Qualifying races
Schedule: Approximately 6:10 pm EST (3:10pm PST, FOX)
The Last Chance Qualifying races follow the heat races. Each heat race has 10 cars, with four automatically advancing to the main event. That leaves six cars from each heat race, or 24 total cars, not advancing.
All 24 of those cars will advance to two ensuing 50-lap Last Chance Qualifying (LCQ) races.
The starting order for each LCQ is based on finishing positions in the heat races, with the remaining field from heat races one and three racing in the first LCQ event. The second LCQ race is comprised of cars from heat race two and four.
The top three finishers (six total cars) in both Last Chance Qualifying races will advance to the Busch Light Clash, filling out positions 17-22 of the 23 available positions.
The final spot is reserved for the driver who finished the highest in the 2022 points standings who does not transfer on finishing position in the heat races or Last Chance Qualifying races. So, in essence, that means 2022 champion Joey Logano is the only driver locked into the field.

• Sunday, Feb. 5: Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum
With the field set, the 150-lap main event is scheduled for 8:00 pm EST (5:00pm PST) on FOX.

After all of that, how is scoring for the Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum going to work?
Just participate in the Busch Light Clash and pick up -2 bonus points
Pick three drivers for the main event and list them in the order you think they will finish in the race (first driver named will either win the main event or finish closest to the winner, second driver named will finish behind the first named driver but ahead of the last named driver, last named driver will finish the main event behind your other named drivers). Pick the correct finishing order for your three choices and pick up -5 bonus points

As far as the 2023 NASCAR "Pick 'Em" game.......

We're going with the same rules as the past few years and they again will stay the same all year including bonus points.

1- Pick 2 Drivers each race! (place divided by 2)
ex. 3rd and 9th place =12/2=6----your score for race

2- Bonus pick winning driver. (-5)
ex. your score (6) -5 = 1 score with bonus

3- Bonus pick 2nd place driver. (-3)
ex. your score (6) -3 = 3 score with bonus

4- Picks must be in by drop of green flag.
ex. the sticks with green material waving in air, if no pick avg is 40

5- No picks for 3 straight races and you will be sent to pits for the remainder of the season.
ex. out of Competition - lost your team sponsor

6- You may make your picks permanent for the entire season so you don't run the risk of getting the dreaded 40-point race result by forgetting to post your weekly picks. Just let me know in your initial pick post that you want your picks to be permanent for the year. Of course, you can always make a change to your permanent picks if one, or both, of your drivers gets sick, injured or loses his ride.

Let me know who is in so I can get your names on my Excel spreadsheet. 2023 is gonna be another great year!!!

Please make your picks by driver name or car number and driver name. Driver name will always take precedence over car number.
If you make your pick by car number only you're going to be locked in to that car number no matter who the driver is; and if you pick a car number not in that weeks race, you'll end up with '40' (last place) as your score for that car.
..............If you have any questions just ask............

Here's the 2023 Sprint Cup schedule:

02/05 "The Busch Light Clash" at the Coliseum
02/16 Blue Green Vacations Duel 1 and Duel 2 at Daytona
02/19 Daytona 500
02/26 Auto Club Speedway (Fontana)
03/05 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
03/12 Phoenix Raceway
03/19 Atlanta Motor Speedway
03/26 Circuit of the Americas
04/02 Richmond Raceway
04/09 Bristol Motor Speedway Dirt
04/16 Martinsville Speedway
04/23 Talladega Superspeedway
04/30 Dover Motor Speedway
05/07 Kansas Speedway
05/14 Darlington Raceway
05/21 NASCAR All-Star Open (North Wilkesboro Speedway)
05/21 NASCAR All-Star Race (North Wilkesboro Speedway
05/28 Charlotte Motor Speedway
06/04 World Wide Technology Raceway
06/11 Sonoma Raceway
06/25 Nashville SuperSpeedway
07/02 Chicago Street Course
07/09 Atlanta Motor Speedway
07/16 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
07/23 Pocono Raceway
07/30 Richmond Raceway
08/06 Michigan International Speedway
08/13 Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course
08/20 Watkins Glen International
08/26 Daytona International Speedway
09/03 Darlington Raceway
09/10 Kansas Speedway
09/16 Bristol Motor Speedway
09/24 Texas Motor Speedway
10/01 Talladega Superspeedway
10/08 Charlotte Motor Speedway Road Course
10/15 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
10/22 Homestead-Miami Speedway
10/29 Martinsville Speedway
11/05 Phoenix International Raceway

The drivers eligible for the 2023 Clash are:
#1 Ross Chastain
#2 Austin Cindric
#3 Austin Dillon
#4 Kevin Harvick
#5 Kyle Larson
#6 Brad Keselowski
#7 Corey LaJoie
#8 Kyle Busch
#9 Chase Elliott
#10 Aric Almirola
#11 Denny Hamlin
#12 Ryan Blaney
#14 Chase Briscoe
#15 J.J. YeleyRyan Preece
#16 A.J. Allmendinger
#17 Chris Buescher
#19 Martin Truex Jr.
#20 Christopher Bell
#21 Harrison Burton
#22 Joey Logano
#23 Bubba Wallace
#24 William Byron
#31 Justin Haley
#34 Michael McDowell
#38 Todd Gillialand
#41 Ryan Preece
#42 Noah Gragson
#43 Erik Jones
#45 Tyler Reddick
#47 Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
#48 Alex Bowman
#51 J.J. Yeley
#54 Ty Gibbs
#77 Ty Dillon
#78 B.J. McLeod
#99 Daniel Suarez

I am in it again this year, thanks again :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Count me in also, thanks OC

here's my three picks for the clash
1. R Blaney
2. K Larson
3. C Bell

Last edited:
My Clash picks:

* #1 Ross Chastain
* #11 Denny Hamlin
* #48 Alex Bowman

Clash: Larson, Elliott, Bowman

Season lock in: Elliott, Hamlin

Pole lock in: Bell

Last edited:
I'm in!

Clash:
#5 Larson
#1 Chastain
#11 Hamlin

Season:
Lock me in for #9 Elliott and #19 Truex Jr

The Clash
#1 Chastain
#22 Joey Lagono (Fox as crew chief again makes this an easy pick)
#12 Ryan Blaney

Last edited:
OC,

I want to amend My three picks till after Qualifying, so disregard my earlier post.

News! Kevin Harvick just announce he is joining the FOX NASCAR broadcast team in 2024.
I believe he's going to be a great addition.

News! Kevin Harvick just announce he is joining the FOX NASCAR broadcast team in 2024.ould that happen?
I believe he's going to be a great addition.
What? A California boy in the booth for NASCAR? How could that happen? :lol: I like his track in Bakersfield. KCRP fun place.

So here are my locked picks for the year! Somebody has to be the whipping post for you boys!
Hamlin
Busch
logano

Hey Sublime one, since you posted your 'locked' picks for the year before the start of the Clash I used your picks for the Clash.
I'll post results later tonigh.

Before Daytona, please let me know who is your 'locked' qualifying pick and 'locked' race picks.

Thanks.

Very different results compared to 2022! We had four players score the maximum amount of bonus points at The Clash at the Coliseum...and here they are:
'Avispa' picked #8 Kyle Busch (3rd), #11 Denny Hamlin (9th), and #9 Chase Elliott (21st)
'cuda20' picked #5 Kyle Larson (5th), #11 Denny Hamlin (9th), and #12 Ryan Blaney (17th)
'LocuMob' picked #5 Kyle Larson (5th), #1 Ross Chastain (8th), and #11 Denny Hamlin (9th)
'memike' picked #1 Ross Chastain (8th), #22 Joey Logano (16th), and #12 Ryan Blaney (17th)

All other players finished with -2 bonus points for playing the pre-season "Pick 'Em" game.
So, here's the current scores going into the initial race of the 2023 NASCAR season, the Daytona 500 on February 19:
Avispa 0.0 8 11 9 3 9 21 -2 -5 -7
cuda20 (FABO) 0.0 5 11 12 5 9 17 -2 -5 -7
LocuMob (FABO) 0.0 5 1 11 5 8 9 -2 -5 -7
memike (FABO) 0.0 1 22 12 8 16 17 -2 -5 -7
44070dart (FABO) 0.0 9 22 6 21 16 DNR -2
fishmens67 (FABO) 0.0 8 4 5 3 12 5 -2
ocdart (FABO) 0.0 1 11 48 8 9 4 -2
Sublime one (FABO) 0.0 11 18 22 9 3 16 -2
Yunick13 (FABO) 0.0 5 9 48 5 21 4 -2
Back in Time (FABO) 0.0

Contact everyone you know on both FABO and FBBO and get them to make picks for the Daytona 500. Let's get more players!

My Daytona picks:

Pole:
#1 Ross Chastain

Race:
#11 Denny Hamlin
#45 Tyler Reddick

-
Back