[Found!] 225 Slant Harmonic balancer

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the same balancer. The book says they don't interchange, but. I've never tried to do it, and don't know what the difference might be. Is the timing Mark in the same place?
The timing marker did move from side to side on various year slants, if so all that one needs to do is find TDC using a piston stop, go through the process of rotating the motor back the other way till it hits the stop again. The mid point between the two stops is TDC.
It’s a good idea to do that check when ever a different damper is installed.

The timing marker did move from side to side on various year slants, if so all that one needs to do is find TDC using a piston stop, go through the process of rotating the motor back the other way till it hits the stop again. The mid point between the two stops is TDC.
It’s a good idea to do that check when ever a different damper is installed.
Correct!

Looking for a good condition 81 225 Harmonic balancer, rebuilding my engine and the original ones rubber ring is denigrating. A new one is way to spendy.

Thanks
If you decide you want it, just let me know. I'll even hit it with a fresh coat of black for you. If you decide against it, that's cool too. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back