250 dollar paxton supercharger

-
Those are not designed for use on an engine. They are simple air movers for things like ventilation systems on submarines. They are only rated for 3300 RPM.

They have good prices on ammo cans!!!! I bet they bought a pallet of those blowers for cheap (army surplus).

I am sure Tim Taylor would love it.

Paxton was a manufacture so they made many applications from industrial to automotive

That one is rated for 400 cfm, and 3300 rpm. Might work on a harbor freight powered go cart.
Paxtons for hi-perf use on a v8 are rated somewhere around 70,000 rpm.

That one is rated for 400 cfm, and 3300 rpm. Might work on a harbor freight powered go cart.
Paxtons for hi-perf use on a v8 are rated somewhere around 70,000 rpm.
Thank you. I am completely ignorant and i knew it was likely too good to be true.

Thank you. I am completely ignorant and i knew it was likely too good to be true.
Paxton, Vortech, and ATI procharger usually have a pulley ratio of around 1.5/2 to 1, plus the step-up ratio inside the blower, around 5 to one. So, at 6000 engine rpm, times 1.5 drive ratio (conservative) and 5 to 1 step up.... your blower would be spinning 45,000 rpm. Really big centrifugals can flow 3000 cfm, plus.

The specs on this are for 1.0-2.2L engines.
There’s a few YouTube videos of them on small cars and they’re LOUD!
Almost makes me wish they made a bigger, quieter version.

-
Back