273 blower cam

-
4C598584-0D4C-4288-BDBD-4CCE7E10E8D9.jpeg
@65TerrorCuda I found this 4-71 cast manifold while surfing the net. I know you have a MaxWedge manifold but I thought this was interesting.

View attachment 1716005980@65TerrorCuda I found this 4-71 cast manifold while surfing the net. I know you have a MaxWedge manifold but I thought this was interesting.
Very nice, wonder who made that setup? That 4-71 to 6-71 adapter plate looks like mine.

Updates: installed a vacuum advance dizzy, so far so good. Did an unboxing video that I may upload to youtube if anybody wants to see. Not exciting I promise. Put in a 14" ebay electric fan that's doing good so far.

Also tried swapping blower pulleys from 12% under to 12% overdrive. Holy crap. 10 psi was nuts. Kept thinking about the cast pistons and ring gaps

Cam is supposed to ship in December, got pushed back from last month. Ugh. May just skip the cam and stick with the Isky that's in it now given what I've been reading about lifters

If you currently have a solid lifter setup, I'd consider hydraulic flat tappet a downgrade.

Just spec out another solid cam if you are after something different

I had a Comp. cam H.E. 280-480 {it was perfect }in my dyers 6-71 ,340 very very mild setup 13% underdriven .forged pistons and crank, X heads .,Instant tire smoke!3.55 gears It was fun . few years ago .

If you currently have a solid lifter setup, I'd consider hydraulic flat tappet a downgrade.

Just spec out another solid cam if you are after something different
I have to agree with you and plan on putting the money elsewhere. Seems like a risky thing to do when it's already working good.
I had a Comp. cam H.E. 280-480 {it was perfect }in my dyers 6-71 ,340 very very mild setup 13% underdriven .forged pistons and crank, X heads .,Instant tire smoke!3.55 gears It was fun . few years ago .
Speaking of a handful! The way these things transform an engine is amazing. What were you making, 10psi?

Here's what a plunge cut with a stick welder looks like. Granted this was a cheap dual exhaust I had a shop install 20 years ago I can't complain too much. Mufflers are flowtech raptors which I really like, but could never see what they were because they installed them with the logos facing the floor and 100% welded in place.

I asked for 2 1/4" exhaust and they did 2 1/4" to the mufflers, 2" behind the mufflers, and 1 7/8" h-pipe.
Eventually probably replace everything with 2 1/2 stainless as welding dirty old metal really kills the tungstens

Everything getting tig welded v-bands so I can actually work on it without squeezing between pipes.
Gunna grind these anti-reversion baffles out a smidge. Lol
thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

So what cam did you get ? I haven't been on here much lately . You asked about what my boost was ,probably about 6-8 psi.

So what cam did you get ? I haven't been on here much lately . You asked about what my boost was ,probably about 6-8 psi.
I decided to stick with the cam that was already in it, a solid 260 advertised duration Isky cam. Actually the lift is the sticking point, as much over .425" lift and the cylinder notches will be into the swept area of the rings.
Do you still have your 6-71?
Do the pickled headers taste good?
If I end up tasting them I'll let you know. Probably needs garlic. Man I had some pickled eggs in Cadiz, OH that were unbelievable. Yolks were red

Pulled another 8+ hour day cutting and welding the exhaust. One more v-band to go then finish weld everything up. Ugh I hate exhaust

I decided to stick with the cam that was already in it, a solid 260 advertised duration Isky cam. Actually the lift is the sticking point, as much over .425" lift and the cylinder notches will be into the swept area of the rings.
Do you still have your 6-71?

If I end up tasting them I'll let you know. Probably needs garlic. Man I had some pickled eggs in Cadiz, OH that were unbelievable. Yolks were red

Pulled another 8+ hour day cutting and welding the exhaust. One more v-band to go then finish weld everything up. Ugh I hate exhaust
Yeah I like me some pickled eggs. Those and beer make for some solid farts.

I enjoyed doing the fabrication on the hot side of my turbo piping so much that I'm debating trying my hand at some headers next. Different strokes, shame you're across the country as I'd definitely lend a hand.

I enjoyed doing the fabrication on the hot side of my turbo piping so much that I'm debating trying my hand at some headers next. Different strokes, shame you're across the country as I'd definitely lend a hand.
Hey brother that's generous of you. Put up some pictures!

Figured out most of my problem was not using acetone to prep before welding. 99% better welds and zero fudged up tungstens after a visit to Home Depot. $24 a gallon but worth it

Hey brother that's generous of you. Put up some pictures!

Figured out most of my problem was not using acetone to prep before welding. 99% better welds and zero fudged up tungstens after a visit to Home Depot. $24 a gallon but worth it

S6sdSTn.jpg

CBb4QWr.jpg

1Xiax1O.jpg

This was my first major welding project. I also learned a wipe with acetone is a must and fit-up has to be very good. If you’re doing stainless I like purging the inside with argon while welding as well.

That is some tight fit up you did there, well done! Nice welds too. I love how stainless welds but working it makes smoke pour out of my ears in frustration.
Got a link to your build?

-
Back