273 Camshaft Identification

-

sgrip65

66 Dart GT 273, 65 Dart GT 273 HiPo
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Members. So I had, both, a 273 /180 and a 273 Commando engine. I am pretty sure I discarded the 180 H.P cam, and kept the Commando cam. To be sure, before I list the cam for sale, I would like to know what I am selling...I am sure the buyer would as well. The only marking I see on the cam is some yellow paint dabbed near the gear toward the back of the cam. Is the yellow paint an indicator, or is/are there other ways to identify the cam. Yes, next time I will mark. Thanks for the help. Appreciated.

Hello Members. So I had, both, a 273 /180 and a 273 Commando engine. I am pretty sure I discarded the 180 H.P cam, and kept the Commando cam. To be sure, before I list the cam for sale, I would like to know what I am selling...I am sure the buyer would as well. The only marking I see on the cam is some yellow paint dabbed near the gear toward the back of the cam. Is the yellow paint an indicator, or is/are there other ways to identify the cam. Yes, next time I will mark. Thanks for the help. Appreciated.
I don't hve the specs handy but use search here for 273 cam specs.

1964 to 1967 273 2bbl valve lift: .395 intake, .405 exhaust, 240 degrees seat duration "I" and "E" Solid lifter
1965 to 1967 273 4bbl valve lift: .415 intake, .425 exhaust, 248 degrees seat duration "I" and "E" Solid lifter
1968 to 1969 273 all, valve lift: .373intake, .400 exhaust, 240 degrees seat duration "I", and 248 degrees seat duration "E" Hydraulic Lifter

Exhaust lift divided by 1.5 will get you a lobe lift measurement.

Last edited:
-
Back