273 oil pressure or temp

-

Mouse action

Reaction score
Hey Mopars Gods,
I’m in the process of hooking up after market gauges.can someone tell me where the sending unit sensor for the oil pressure and or oil temp is on a 273. ?

Water temp is near the front of the intake manifold, off to the passenger side facing straight up.
The oil sending unit is in the rear of the block, on the passenger side of the distributor, also facing straight up.

Water temp is near the front of the intake manifold, off to the passenger side facing straight up.
The oil sending unit is in the rear of the block, on the passenger side of the distributor, also facing straight up.
Great info ,thank you.

There is no port for oil temp; however, if you tee off the oil pressure port, you might be able to get some kind of oil temp reading

Last edited:
There is no port for oil temp; however, if you tee off the oil pressure port, you might be able to get some kind of temp reading

The oil port is the small pipe thread near the distributor...

You may have to drill the intake near the thermostat for an aftermarket gauge temp sensor bushing...

The oil port is the small pipe thread near the distributor...

You may have to drill the intake near the thermostat for an aftermarket gauge temp sensor bushing...

i edited my post to reflect his interest in a port for oil temp

Monitoring oil pressure is important. Oil temp not so much.

It's important to watch your pressure....

Fart 07.jpg

A real oil temperature reading is a bit involved. You need flow past a temp sensor for good accuracy. A tee at the factory pressure sensor tap is a dead end, no flow. A well in the bottom of the pan is a good spot.

-
Back