295x65x15?

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
I need to buy tires to narrow my rear end I'm I'm wondering if anyone has used these in a non backhalf car?

There a little taller than the 29x10.50x15 but I dont wanna order tires that hit my package tray or just plain wont fit no matter how much I cut...

Hoosier DOT Drag Radial Tires 17316DR2

Car is 71 dart.

I see that the description says not for highway use... even tho they are DOT?

If I'm gonna get rolled for illegal tires should I just run slicks?

Last edited:
Well they gonna ship out Tuesday, I hope I can make them fit?

My buddy ran them on a Dart but it was mini tubbed and the rearend was centred in the wheel well. DOT approved dosn’t always mean street legal. MT’s pro drag radial is DOT approved but not street legal

I plan on centering the rearend. I will be cutting the wheelhouse out to the frame rail and moving the springs as far over as I can.

These I guess will be a test tire if they fit I'll go taller. My only limit is the package tray , frame rails and the outer quarter, while staying 10.50 wide.

Last edited:
These I guess will be a test tire if they fit I'll go taller. My only limit is the package tray , frame rails and the outer quarter, while staying 10.50 wide.
Package tray.....
It sounds like something you don't want to get kicked in!

If you let some dude kick you in the package tray you should just put your man card in the shredder an change your name to Kaitlin....

I need to buy tires to narrow my rear end I'm I'm wondering if anyone has used these in a non backhalf car?

There a little taller than the 29x10.50x15 but I dont wanna order tires that hit my package tray or just plain wont fit no matter how much I cut...

Hoosier DOT Drag Radial Tires 17316DR2

Car is 71 dart.

I see that the description says not for highway use... even tho they are DOT?

If I'm gonna get rolled for illegal tires should I just run slicks?

I run 295 65 15/ M-T drag radials on my 68 fast back, real 3/4'' offset spring hangars, front of fender well reworked (stock contour) to the inner fender panel in the front of wheel well, Massaged inner wheel house in close places from past experience, barely touches inners in a tight off camber turn, cant hardly see the marks.
oh, the rear end is centered side to side, and front to rear. Only took 1/8" shim in front of one spring hangar, and a 1/16'' shim on one wheel !! ''Pretty good for a 68 !!"

After some reading, it looks like the tires I ordered say "not for highway use".

I was thinking about taking a razor and trying to remove it or maybe carefully sanding it off.

Anyone done this before?

After some reading, it looks like the tires I ordered say "not for highway use".

I was thinking about taking a razor and trying to remove it or maybe carefully sanding it off.

Anyone done this before?
Somehow I think if you get pulled over it's going to be not because of the writing on the side of your tires and by that time... LOL

There's so much stuff I can get in trouble for I'd like to minimize what I can.
But yeah by the time the officer is eyeballing the print on my tires I'm probably screwed..

:)

There's so much stuff I can get in trouble for I'd like to minimize what I can.
But yeah by the time the officer is eyeballing the print on my tires I'm probably screwed..

:)
Even at a standstill at a light right next to you he almost to have to have bionic eyes!

It's more when there behind me.
The tire is not as pictured, supposedly it's a series of dashes so it will look like a slick when its rolling...

I'm excited to see what happens with a real tire on the back. The cooper cobra's dont hook for squat...

It's more when there behind me.
The tire is not as pictured, supposedly it's a series of dashes so it will look like a slick when its rolling...

I'm excited to see what happens with a real tire on the back. The cooper cobra's dont hook for squat...
I have only been pulled over in the fish once so far , the cop was more interested in my car than anything else >

-
Back