-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTwister

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Our '71 duster didn't come with a fan shroud. We've been looking all around and have only come across the 2998325 reproductions that everyone says will warp and get destroyed by the clutch fan. Looking for either an original or to know if anyone makes a good reproduction. Has anyone found an aluminum version that won't warp? We're getting ready to replace the undersized radiator with a Cold Case 22" radiator and would like to add the shroud at the same time. Thank you!

The originals are a bit hard to find. I have not heard of the reproductions warping.

There were 2 different runs of repops. First were toast as they melted and when engine cooled off, they took that shape - next start up the fan just snapped to pieces!
I think I have an original that I could sell - will check after work

The originals are a bit hard to find. I have not heard of the reproductions warping.
Yeah, I had read a few count of people in the FABO community running across the issue. Shredding a $180+ shroud wasn't something we wanted to do.

There were 2 different runs of repops. First were toast as they melted and when engine cooled off, they took that shape - next start up the fan just snapped to pieces!
I think I have an original that I could sell - will check after work
Good to know, it seems like it'd be hard to tell what you'd be getting unless you know the seller is making them themselves and not reselling something that may warp. I appreciate it, let me know if you do have one. Thanks!

I bought the Classic Ind. SKU MA2228. I'm not familiar with the Cold case units, but I mounted mine behind a Champion 3 core 22". Works perfect, my 408 cools great, no warpage, no problems.

Details of my shroud install. A bit of effort but works excellent.

Mounting a stock shroud on a Champion 22" radiator - 73 Duster

20180606_232619.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back