3/8 push rods

-

DARTGAME

SuPeRcHaRgEd
Reaction score
I’m currently running 5/16 push rods with stamp steel rockers. I have a set of 3/8 comp cam push rods with Mancini heavy duty stamped steel rockers to put in. My current combination is 360 0.030 with Eddie heads. Cam is small for 144 weiand blower, 230 @ .50 duration and .484 lift 114cl. I increased compression with heads and head gaskets. This thing isn’t a REV machine. Should I switch to the 3/8 rods and heavy duty rockers? I haven’t taken it to track but planning on it. @mopardude318 @MiradaMegaCab

6E19D9A4-755D-41AD-BCEA-8990D63AD34B.jpeg

I think you’ll be fine using your current 5/16 push rods, it’s not like you have crazy valve springs or will be running excessively high RPM’s. However, the push rods might poke through the stock rocker arm within time (this is actually somewhat common) and at that time, you can upgrade to your heavy duty parts.

I’d say if the 3/8 pushrods fit your heads without having to grind them to fit, run em. Same for the HD stamped rockers. Higher rpm and spring pressure (not that you have that much) could cause the stockers to bend, but I wouldn’t want to find that out the hard way.

With that said, I put OOTB speedmaster heads on my rebuilt 360, with a mild cam, well I wouldn’t even call it a cam. Lol. I used stock rockers and pushrods, just bolted it all together. I ran that engine for a few thousand miles, revving the hell outofit unnecessarily in my 74 power wagon. Lol

did fine till I blew a head gasket, which I think too high of compression with CA **** gas and detonation was at fault.

I think you’ll be fine either way. I’m not much help. Sorry.

-
Back