3 crazy HOT days at Norwalk

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
3 days,3 races,2 different drivers (70 pounds difference) 1 time trial only all weekend, and 8 passes between 6.04 and 6.07 ET. I raced on Friday and Matt drove Saturday and Sunday. I can finally say I was the better driver on this weekend as he struggled with lights in the .020's and my worse of three rounds being a .014. Car in air temps of 88-92 degrees and some crazy high track temps averaged in the 1.27's 60 foot times. Here are several videos I had a chance to take while he was driving.

I noticed how empty the bleachers are, no wonder why tracks are struggling.

I noticed how empty the bleachers are, no wonder why tracks are struggling.

Bracket racing isn't really a very good spectator sport but your thinking is way off. Over 600 PLUS racers entered this race at 149.00 each. 40.00 for a spectator pass. It took 11 rounds of racing to win the 10,000.00 payout. With temps in the 90's most of the spectators are Friends and Family so they are in the lanes and surrounding the starting line to watch them race then head back to the pits to eat or party. trust me, there are way more people there than it looks. Summit Motorsports Park is not struggling. LOL.

-
Back