3 tips that can help you hook up.... quick, easy, and free

-
Interesting, I actually added clamps to the rear section of my leaf springs (previously had none, homemade bastard pack) and it seemed to help keep the rear flatter in hard cornering and supposedly gets rid of the rear axle hop in hard braking but haven't tested that yet. I read about adding rear clamps in a book I have "How to Make Your Muscle Car Handle"...

@jos51700 they have a free app on your phone for that now it's called "Tinder" :lol:

Interesting, I actually added clamps to the rear section of my leaf springs (previously had none, homemade bastard pack) and it seemed to help keep the rear flatter in hard cornering and supposedly gets rid of the rear axle hop in hard braking but haven't tested that yet. I read about adding rear clamps in a book I have "How to Make Your Muscle Car Handle"...

@jos51700 they have a free app on your phone for that now it's called "Tinder" :lol:

Where?
upload_2019-7-31_13-48-37.jpeg

...and here I thought I was going to have a successful evening at the bar......dang it again.

Quick, easy, free, and may help you get the power to the ground.

Great video, I took my sway bar off on a K frame swap and didn't put it back on, I don't really see much difference anyway. Good to know I can just leave it off and not worry.

Not planning on taking the McDonald's drive thru at 60 mph anytime soon

I put stock HD leafs under my '67 fastback, put two extra clamps in front of the axle at the leaf ends, removed all stock clamps behind the axle. Front was no sway bar, /6 torsion bars, 1/16th toe-in. Also I adjusted rear brake drums in a bit to reduce parasitic drag, and made sure front brake pads were centered and not dragging excessively, and greased all joints and bushings regularly. Car would dead hook with 9" slicks on any street to high 11s.

Last edited:
Now take the traction bars OFF too!!! they're useless on Mopars..my duster with nothing more then h.d. factory springs,cheap race shocks,the clamps removed like shown and a pinion snubber low 1.40's 60'!!!

Now take the traction bars OFF too!!! they're useless on Mopars..!
LOL.... thanks for the input. Yes, there are devices that work much better than traction (slapper) bars. I won't argue about traction bars. I'll say if you have normal radial street tires and an open rear end, traction bars for a fact help and are budget friendly. I've proven it personally many times. :)

LOL man I wish my phone looked like that. I hate smart phones and social media, and I'm 28... "old soul"

@Rainy Day Auto your sway bar bushings and end-links were probably shot, if you put all new rubber/poly and reinstall the sway bar you will probably notice a difference. I put poly sway bar bushings and end links on my 1988 Chrysler 5th Ave (M-body) with stock sway bar it made the car more stable and less floaty on the freeway.

Now take the traction bars OFF too!!! they're useless on Mopars..my duster with nothing more then h.d. factory springs,cheap race shocks,the clamps removed like shown and a pinion snubber low 1.40's 60'!!!
The pinion snubber is only needed to hold the shop door open. I'd rather run a slapper bar snug against the spring eye IF I had to. super stock springs with 14" slicks does the trick !

The pinion snubber is only needed to hold the shop door open. I'd rather run a slapper bar snug against the spring eye IF I had to. super stock springs with 14" slicks does the trick !
I have that same set up and I wonder sometimes about the way I have them set up a half inch from touching. Of course with the SS Springs I have to put an extra 1 in extension brace on the right side to bring the stopper up higher. I always think I'm going to get a little bit of Street Comfort by keeping them down a little bit. But I wonder if it's the recoil action that I'm feeling that's getting a bit of a hop sometimes?

I have that same set up and I wonder sometimes about the way I have them set up a half inch from touching. Of course with the SS Springs I have to put an extra 1 in extension brace on the right side to bring the stopper up higher. I always think I'm going to get a little bit of Street Comfort by keeping them down a little bit. But I wonder if it's the recoil action that I'm feeling that's getting a bit of a hop sometimes?
SS springs will get set up differently than stock springs.

This is going to be good... Colonel Flagg totally hates it when someone disagrees with him...:popcorn:...

You can disagree all you want. The pinion snubber was junk while it was on paper.

Lots of mouths on here claim **** I've never seen.

I doubt you can go to any track around the country and find a 1.4 60 foot car with a pinion snubber that wouldn't pick up a tenth or more if you put something on there worth a ****.

Just a FACT.

You can disagree all you want. The pinion snubber was junk while it was on paper.

Lots of mouths on here claim **** I've never seen.

I doubt you can go to any track around the country and find a 1.4 60 foot car with a pinion snubber that wouldn't pick up a tenth or more if you put something on there worth a ****.

Just a FACT.
^^^ COLONEL FLAGG!!?? Why did you quote me? It was 340stroking that was disagreeing with you... I just let him know that's not a good thing to do...

the fight over traction bars.... was that one of the 3 tips I gave???? LOL :D

I'm sorry I did quote fishermans67 on his take on the traction bars, but that was about it... And it was sincere..
naw.... stroked 340 got the ball a roll'n... LOL It's all cool....

-
Back