300 Diecast Models inherited

-

Fredsgarage

64 Dart Vert Project, 62 Lancer Wagon BIG project
Reaction score
I love cars as much as the next guy but have not really been into Diecast. Now with my Father-In-Laws passing I have inherited almost 300. Some are really nice, brands like Maisto, Motor Max, Muscle Machines, Franklin Mint and more. It is a bit overwhelming.
Im going through them, None in boxes but most are mounted in some fashion and pulling the ones I might want.
What is the best way to sell off the rest? Ideas?

You can offer them for sale on this site, like groups of 10, there are a lot of members that would be interested

Best to sell the Mopar ones here and find another site that specializes in the other brands

You should have no problem selling them on local CL or FB marketplace. It will just take time and patience getting them all categorized, photographed, & listed. No rush, take care of your wife & family in their time of loss.

Sorry for your loss. Your best return is definitely not selling it all as a lot however that also eliminates the time involved in dealing with them either individually or in groups. Google is your friend and it's worth combing through the collection and see what the value is and be realistic.

Is it possible the boxes are somewhere amongst his items? Most people who collect Diecast understand the box is crucial for getting a return on the investment. However if your FIL just enjoyed them and never worried about monetary gains with them that idea is squashed but it would surprise me that they aren't put away somewhere.....

JW

I collect diecast and slotcars (Mopar, AMC, Honda/Acura and NASCAR) mainly 1/64 and 1/24 with occasional 1/18. There are local die-cast stores and websites that will buy collections if you Google it. You best but is probably FB Marketplace. I sold my FB and BB card collection that way as a lot cause I didn't want to deal with with individual cards and people to nitpick. Without the boxes they are worthless. I have boxes just to my NASCAR... but if find a collective and someone that doesn't want to sell they won't care about not having the boxes. Good luck with the collection and sorry for your loss.

I’m in the same boat as you. My little brother passed in may and we hauled home an enclosed trailer full of model cars and hot wheels. Some die cast stuff. The nice thing is he had everything in totes with lists of everything he had. Good luck to you

-
Back