-
Status
Not open for further replies.

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I am in desperate need of a set of motor mounts for a 67-72 V8 K Frame. I just got my car on the road and there is a terrible vibration. Turns out I have the wrong motor mounts and the motor isn't sitting level.

I have read so many threads about the difference between 340/360 mounts vs 273/318. All of it makes sense, but I am having a hard time distinguishing them by pictures. I am already $85 on the set that I got and they aren't right.

Thanks again.

I see you have a 67-72 V8 K frame ?
What engine is going in ?
67-72 V8 Kframe with a 340.

I'll take whatever is out there at a reasonable price. If they are 340/360, great.

If they are 273/318 that works too.

Last edited by a moderator:
273/318 mounts won't work unmodified on your 340 - GTX John is cutting you a deal on hard to find mounts, buy 'em

I don't see how being unlevel would make it vibrate. They do have different thickness of the rubber motor mounts to level up your engine .
Sounds more like you may have the wrong torque converter in there. Or the engine itself is out of balance.

I don't see how being unlevel would make it vibrate. They do have different thickness of the rubber motor mounts to level up your engine .
Sounds more like you may have the wrong torque converter in there. Or the engine itself is out of balance.

My thought was, I need to get the engine level before I can take accurate measurements of the tailshaft angle in relation to the pinion. I don't think it's the engine, since I've had it running and driving, albeit, with the old 904 and worn out everything else. Lol. I have a "built" converter on the way, I was going to do that anyway, just not as soon, but I figure might as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back