318 a/c delete

-

davedart73

Reaction score
I want to pull the a/c on my '73 Dart with a stock 318 and power steering. Does anybody have the part #'s for non-a/c pulleys (crank, alt., wp, ps)? Will my current water pump be usable w/o the a/c? The interior unit is an underdash mount. It shouldn't have any bearing on the interior heat ducting.
thanks

dude if its original and in good shape LEAVE IT!!!!! just disconnect the power to it. if ithe car is in as good of shape as you say i would do whatever it takes to keep it "looking" stock. build the motor and whatever to make it fun but leave it looking stock. thats what i am doing with my 72 scamp.

moparPW200guy said:
dude if its original and in good shape LEAVE IT!!!!! just disconnect the power to it. if ithe car is in as good of shape as you say i would do whatever it takes to keep it "looking" stock. build the motor and whatever to make it fun but leave it looking stock. thats what i am doing with my 72 scamp.

Advice taken. Compressor does look like a big wart on top of the motor though.

davedart73 said:
Compressor does look like a big wart on top of the motor though.

My '71 has a/c with that big V2 compressor too. Not sure how much that thing weighs, but I am sure it's a bunch. Mine is going to get 'replaced' someday with a polished Sanden compressor and the condenser will be changed out to a parallel flow for better efficiency with r134a. Down here in SE Texas a/c is a must for a street car that gets driven with any regularity. But hopefully I can improve the functionality as well as lighten up the front end and beautify the engine compartment all at the same time. :glasses7:

GotDart said:
Down here in SE Texas a/c is a must for a street car that gets driven with any regularity.

Yeah, down here in SE Texas...........I wish I had A/C in my Demon.

I just removed my a/c unit last week, the compressor is weight about 35-40 lbs, I would guess.

-
Back