SpareParts

Reaction score
Do you know of one?
Nitrous, okay.
Pump gas, mandatory
Flat tappet can, YES
Full weight A body with an auto, YES, STREET CAR
Iron cylinder head, YES

Do you know of any? Is it doable? I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Not just a 10.99, let's shoot for more, a 10.99 is an 11 car that got lucky lol

Dialed chassis,transmission, converter. You're holding out,lol.E.T slips,would be nice.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nYXkKN1k7M"]Paul Walker Fast and Furious Need NOS scene - YouTube[/ame]

be a big deal with no 4 inch crank.revin 8500 or so.i would like to see the short stroke ten second teener....

Haven't seen one because it's always easier with more cubes. However, I seen a Demon run high 10's in a stock class, meaning stock: cam lift, carb (thermoquad), intake (factory cast), heads, compression, and stroke. No NOS, and the car weighed over 3100 lbs without driver. It was a 340, however, if a 340 can achieve this with these restrictions, certainly 23 cubes less without these restrictions would make 10 seconds be very achievable. I'm a believer in the 318!!!

Lol you guys are over thinking it.
Stock stroke also. And we shift it at 7200 and never even sprayed 200 through it.

It is a VERY fun toy and cost under $4,000 total.

guy at the local dragway runs a 300.00 dollar 318 a full size '79 truck. He runs stock eliminator. Has to weigh over 4000 lbs without him, so he actually adds weights in the bed. He runs low 13's. Not bad for a beast of a machine with a 300 dollar 318

guy at the local dragway runs a 300.00 dollar 318 a full size '79 truck. He runs stock eliminator. Has to weigh over 4000 lbs without him, so he actually adds weights in the bed. He runs low 13's. Not bad for a beast of a machine with a 300 dollar 318

can you tell me what class is he in?

I think it's F class... not for sure. I know he has to weigh 4000 lbs. without driver.

He is allowed to go .040 on the bore, but cannot exceed advertised compression. He did NOT do this to this engine. This motor is stock (factory stock) from the TQ to the oil pan, except for the duration on a custom ground cam. He shifts a 7200 rpm, runs a 5200 stall and 513 gears (but a tall tire). His 60 foot times are low 1.7's.

My apologies. He has double square headlights making it a 1980 full size truck

It goes 12.5 on motor with the WRONG converter. Hits a wall and 60' was a 1.85 lmao. Converter was for the good motor, this ones a junkyard special! On 150 it traps just over 125mph

It goes 12.5 on motor with the WRONG converter. Hits a wall and 60' was a 1.85 lmao. Converter was for the good motor, this ones a junkyard special! On 150 it traps just over 125mph

What does the car weigh?

-
Back