318 EFI to -66 Dart

-

dart -66

Reaction score
I have 318EFI and complete wiring harness from -90 Van and I´m going to put them in my -66 Dart. Engine swap is easy :grin: ( have v8 centerlink, exhaust manifolds, engine mounts and oil pan already) but electrical...
Is it possible (easily) to separate compu and what else is needed and put them together with original wiring?

The factory harness can be broken down to only a couple of hook ups. I think power to the fuel pump, ground, battery and one other. Try and find the info for the MP kit, the wiring info there should make it easy to see.

Plenty of people have done it.

Tranny is -79 TF904 non lock up. If I´m right, only cruise won´t work (don´t even need it). Will there be any other troubles?

Yep, blue Holley with reg would be the solution. Something else?

Ok, due big alternator, ammeter will be deleted...

Search FABO for many posts on fuel pump for EFI. Isn't the blue Holley a low pressure carburetor pump. You need ~55 psi for the multi-point injectors if you have the "beer keg" intake. Check if your fuel rail already has a pressure regulator. I think 1990 did. Sometime, maybe a little later, they went to a return-less system for EPA rules where the reg. was installed in the tank. If no reg., the filter/reg used on Corvettes is a nice solution and ~$20 at O'Reilly's.

Many people use the Walbro external pump. There are only a few external pump choices (under many brand names). I used Walbro to get 3/8" hose fittings. The 90's Ford truck pump seems to have fittings for only 5/16" hose.

Checked vin from that donor van and actually that engine is -89 TBI, not -90, so it need only 11,5-13,5 psi pressure and then that Holley blue would be ok by 14 psi max with regulator?

-
Back