318 Police Heads

-

Wicked72ride

Reaction score
I was at a swap-meet this past December and I bought a pair of 360 heads which turned out to be police 318. Is there any special significance to the police heads or should I sell them? I am in the process of building a 340 and wanted 360 heads but if these police heads are better I would rather use them.

Can you folks offer me any advice??

Thanks Jason

What's the casting number on the heads?

No. No significance at all. They used the 360 heads on the police 318 for flow.

Pretty much what stroker said.

A 360 head is a 360 head.

The cast in "360" doesn't ref. the engine size at all.

right, if it has the 360 on the intake runner under the valve cover...it should be a 360 port...but the 1.78/1.50 valve reference in the book is sounds funny

I'm thinkin it might be a misprint. Cause I had those same casting numbers on a police 318 and it had 1.88 and 1.60 valves.

360-1.jpg

4323343-1.jpg

Measure the intake valve - is it 1.78 or 1.88 -

frankly I can't figure out why you would put 360 heads on a 340. We see X heads with 2.02 intakes for sale here on a regular basis.

Nine year old thread back from the dead.

Yes.
But I did a search on this topic and it seemed a good thing to expand in the roller motor information for reference with pictures.
Now. If and when I take the heads back off shall I return here with measurements since they are already back in service and I did not get that?
Not everyone knows everything and I'm sure ya'll get tired of the same questions,

A Guide To Mopar V8 Cylinder Head And Block Casting Numbers

Last edited:
-
Back