340 flywheel on a 360.. Does anyone have the template I need?

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
I need to get my flywheel cut to use it on a 360 but the machine shop told me I need the template in order to do it but he does not have one.

Where do I get one from

Thanks guys

I had this done back around 1993 at my local machine shop and they used the template I supplied out of the chassis manual I believe. I'll find it tonight and scan it in at work tomorrow and send it to you if nobody else gets it to you.
Kevin

I don't have a template, but here are the dimensions...

***edit***

Crud, I think that's for the 340 cast crank balance, not the 360. Hang on, I'll keep looking. I've got it somewhere.

Attachments

• 340castbalance.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 357
Sorry about that last one, this is the one you need for a 360 external balance.

360castbalance.jpg

Good job!! That is exactly what I was going to do. The machine shop used those dimensions and it worked out great. Still have that flywheel along with a bunch of 4speed stuff for sale in the classified section. bluNblu where you at in NorCal? I'm heading up to Chico Friday to move my son and his two buddies up there. They are attending Chico State. I've never been north of Sacramento so should be fun.
Kevin

So can I just show him this? He said I need the actual paper though.? I have no idea

The machine shop I used was able to do it off the picture that bluNblu attached. If they can't right click on the picture and print it out, then blow it up on a copier to the correct size or best bet is find another machine shop that can do the work off the print
Kevin

Your machine shop should be able to work just fine off the measurements.

A paper template, even if it was absolutely perfect, would only be as good as its "installation" on the flywheel. Setting up off of the measurements should be much more accurate, and if your machine shop can't do that then I would be concerned. All they have to do is determine the center of the flywheel, once that's done it's just drilling three holes using a given radius, spacing and depth.

Printing out a template from that image would be a disaster. It may not even be to scale, and even it if was its tiny. Blowing it up and printing it out while maintaining the scale it has would not be an easy task.

*** a lot of trouble... my machine guy has a bolt on plate that works great for 30$.
i can get the part number and you can order it from summit racing.

The machine shop I used was able to do it off the picture that bluNblu attached. If they can't right click on the picture and print it out, then blow it up on a copier to the correct size or best bet is find another machine shop that can do the work off the print
Kevin
If they can't do it from the picture then find another shop. If they can't read a mechanical drawing they are in the wrong business.

-
Back