340 Heads

-

hall

Reaction score
OK guys needing some help with heads I'm wanting to get a better head on my 1970 340 I have factory heads with a lot of work done to them but wanted to go aluminum the question I really have is I'm running old trw pistons with a dome the size of my fist I was wondering if any of the closed chamber heads from Edelbrock would work with my pistons

I "don't think" so.

Check out the edelbrock 60179 it might work but don't know for sure, If the current heads are done nicely I would question getting any benefit performance wise though.

Last edited:
The old TRW dome pistons will not clear the eddy heads even the ones that are suppose to be open chambers...the location of the dome is wrong.

Aftermarket piston companies do make a dome piston to fit the eddy and magnum style chamber as the dome is more centrally located on the piston.

very good question and one that people really wouldn't think about till after they made the order...

While it's more expense and work, getting the proper pistons would likely provide the added benefits of a lighter piston - faster revving and less strain on the connecting rods. TRW's are among the heaviest pistons around.

-
Back