340 hp exhaust

-

68ddart

Reaction score
i have a 68 dart ,power steering. plan to put 340 with factory hp exaust manifolds. should this work ok as far as the exaust manifold clearing the gear box?

They should fit just fine. I'm running a 340 driver and a "machined" 360 magnum passenger on my '69 Barracuda (P/S, P/B, AC). Unless you already have the 340 manifolds, the 340 driver and 360 magnum are much cheaper.

Treblig

Attachments

• DSC03989.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC03511.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 327
Hi.
I have the left one but Think that is very tight fit. Have you tried the 360 magnum on the left side.

Johan

i am just asking will the stock 340 engine with the factory 340 hp manifolds fit well with the power steering gear box in a 68 dart? i already have these parts and just thinking ahead. someone seen what i had and asked me if it would work now i am wondering. its all stock stuff so i assume it fits with no issues??? just thought i would ask here to be sure.thanks

my engine has not been installed yet. i am getting ready to install it with the manifolds attached

thanks for the tip on the magnum manifolds ,i didnt know that..someone else told me the 360 can make more power than a 340...best i remember a 340 stock was a powerful engine stock compared to any other engines ive had in the past. but i have never had a magnum 360

...............ur manifolds will fit and work just fine........the factory produced many cars with that combination of parts..........kim...........

I have a 360 in my 68 and its fine. I just pulled the motor with the manifolds attached and the only issue was a little dance around the power brake just a bit of twist and turn other than that no issues

thanks for the info,i didnt see why it wouldnt work but now i dont expect any problems,thanks to all replys

wise choice not using headers.
they don't do a damn thing when the speed sign says 35 and there's a cruiser sitting across the street.

i am hoping to blister a few chevys and show them under my hood ...just a 340 and no headers....mite even tell them its a 318 or 273

Didn't a '68 Coke available with a 340?
And you said you have the correct parts, same year manifolds?

I don't get it. You have stock parts but wonder if they will fit? Like the one that came with the car?

mr fish...my car is a 6 cyl dart . 270 model. i bought it missing parts...i asked to be sure my combo of parts would fit.....hope that helps you understand better...mr fish..i dont get it why you would care why i asked? what is a 68 coke ? i dont know everything so i asked in case i may have problems with the power steering rubbing my manifold...hope that helps you understand or "get it" as you say.

-
Back