• Don't give a rat skippy ?

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Hope they crash into each other ?

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters
-
This just isn't true.
And that is your opinion.

If jpar can't pull on you....then it must be running on 5 cylinders.
You gear that 340 for a reason...
410 cid's are pumping over 450 lbs on a bad day.
If this is a W headed, not w2's, 340 in a real race car....then aren't even talking about the same thing.

Torque plays a big part...... but so does Horsepower. And in a applications where "mild street" doesn't apply, then you are in the world of Hi Stalls/steep gears and leav'n the line in the horsepower band. Ya know, 4500 8 inch converter with 4.56 back'n it up..... in a light A-body..... I guess give me the horses :D
Not to say the 410 can't have more horses, because cubes aid in making horsepower.

Horsepower sell cars , torque wins races.

Torque doesn't do anything in its self.
We all talk about low end torque and torque to the ground but really your always talking about hp is just easier to visualize what's going on under peak hp through torque since it relatively flat.

A 500 hp 340 and 410 will have the same torque (hp) to the ground if geared properly.

500 hp 340 @ 7000 rpm will make 375 lbs-ft @ 7000 rpm.

375 lbs-ft x 4.56 = 1635 lbs-ft to the tires or 817.5 lbs-ft per tire.
Now 410

500 hp 410 @ 5800 rpm will make 453 lbs-ft @ 5800

453 lbs-ft x 3.55 = 1608 lbs-ft or 804 lbs-ft per tire.

Close enough between the two. Now looking at that you could say it agrees torque moves the car but one last calculation is left out.

Say the tires are 24 inches for ease of mathematics. So as to have no multiplying effect.

340, 7000 rpm ÷ 4.36 = 1606 rpm
1606 x 817.5 ÷ 5252 = 250hp per tire or 500hp at crank.

And if you finish the math the 410 will come out the same.

Hp is power and power only can do work and moving and accelerating a car is work.

We shouldn't be talking about high stall converter, I'm expecting a 4 Speed shootout :thumbsup:

Really not concerned about torque and horsepower as much as I'm concerned about my suspension being set up correctly as it can be for what it is and it's not much.

We shouldn't be talking about high stall converter, I'm expecting a 4 Speed shootout :thumbsup:
then your "high stall" IS coming out of the hole at 4500 rpm's :D
I want this race on video. Yep, on video posted right here on FABO

We all talk about low end torque and torque to the ground but really your always talking about hp is just easier to visualize what's going on under peak hp through torque since it relatively flat.

A 500 hp 340 and 410 will have the same torque (hp) to the ground if geared properly.

Now 410

Close enough between the two. Now looking at that you could say it agrees torque moves the car but one last calculation is left out.

Say the tires are 24 inches for ease of mathematics. So as to have no multiplying effect.

Hp is power and power only can do work and moving and accelerating a car is work.

Hp is how much work is being done. :poke:
Geezuzzz, spare me the math partner, its not in your favor.:popcorn:
Enjoy the rest of the show.

Now 410

I'm just gonna say I disagree with you on this.

Torque is everything, torque is work. Horsepower is a function of torque and rpm, so that, horsepower is work done over time. With out torque you have no horse power, you can have torque and no horsepower, plain and simple.

Well ****, I'll think on it. I may go to Delta Park. I have to go over there anyway.

I hate that freaking city.

Let me think about it.

Otherwise, the hillbilly will be driving to Renegade, although lots of guys have discovered the place.

First of all I got to say let it snow let it snow let it snow LOL I love it and I wish it would never stop. Second of all/#$@&! Damnit I forgot to renew my spot at the swap meet and lost out they've been out of spots at the April swap meet for a month-and-a-half now for the first time in 3 years I don't have my spot next to the people I'm used to being by:mad:
When is the big swap meet? I have to be over there the first weekend of April I think.

All you sled heads jinxed me ya **** heads. You posted all this snow crap and it snowed here last night. Un believable. I'm so done with snow I may move to Tijeras. Screw it.

That won't work anyways because the track is closed that weekend obviously for the swap meet so there will be no drag racing. They will be drag racing at Woodburn that weekend?

Oh I already know, I'm just having some fun. Everybody's seen the Time Slips of my car and what it can do and all we know is that yr is telling us that he's trying to get into the 13s so we'll see if that's the truth or not. If that's truly the case I'll do you like my buddy does with his Cuda and kind of lets off at the end so I don't feel like I've been blown completely out of the water. That's what a cool friend does.
j par, you are being baited.

Horsepower sell cars , torque wins races.

I prefer to think of it as. Torque starts races. Horsepower finishes them.

Apparently I missed some big part of how this started? Who's building what? What cars are they going into? Let's see some pics people!

First of all I got to say let it snow let it snow let it snow LOL I love it and I wish it would never stop. Second of all/#$@&! Damnit I forgot to renew my spot at the swap meet and lost out they've been out of spots at the April swap meet for a month-and-a-half now for the first time in 3 years I don't have my spot next to the people I'm used to being by:mad:

I know there is no racing that weekend. But I HAVE to be there so I might as well go to the swap meet while I'm on town.

All you snowmobilers can't get enough snow. Reminds me of the winter of 05/06. There was snow everywhere. I had to go outside of Belfair just to ride my dirtbike. That winter sucked ***.

That won't work anyways because the track is closed that weekend obviously for the swap meet so there will be no drag racing. They will be drag racing at Woodburn that weekend?

That would be another hour or hour and a half drive down there. That sucks.

My car came out of Woodburn BTW.

Oh I already know, I'm just having some fun. Everybody's seen the Time Slips of my car and what it can do and all we know is that yr is telling us that he's trying to get into the 13s so we'll see if that's the truth or not. If that's truly the case I'll do you like my buddy does with his Cuda and kind of lets off at the end so I don't feel like I've been blown completely out of the water. That's what a cool friend does.

Do you get to run slicks, or DOT's like I have? I still have windshield wipers and a heater. And plates.

I haven't made a pass in this car since 2006. Maybe 2007. Haven't made a pass with the new engine. Or the new clutch. I'm starting over. And I really need DA rear shocks. I'm almost there. My clutch guy was paralyzed. I had a buddy die of a heart attack. Then I had to put my best dog down. Then my buddy's wife was shot in the head in May of 2016.

Hell, that ain't the half of it. Ball joints were in a recall after I had the front end back together. Bought a different gear box and had to go through that.

I can say, for the most part since I parked the car in October 2014 a lot of bad **** has went down. I'm hoping that is done for a while. I even had a cousin OD on ****** late last year.

I'm old enough where if I don't fell like doing it, I don't do it.

I did decide to do a cam degreeing video today, just for ***** and giggles. And if you look hard enough, you can find the fire up of my engine on the web.

Hell, I may stick the tunnel ram on there. I just don't want to have to store the hood. But if the right deal came along......

Now back to the races and reading Albert Speers autobiography.

I prefer to think of it as. Torque starts races. Horsepower finishes them.

Apparently I missed some big part of how this started? Who's building what? What cars are they going into? Let's see some pics people!

Gears make the car move. HP is time. Time is what we measure.

-
Back