• J par 410 stroker ?

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • Don't give a rat skippy ?

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Hope they crash into each other ?

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters
-
Wait a minute this thread is for a 340 x Block versus a stroker we better get started or risk a faux LOL

I'm just gonna say I disagree with you on this.

Torque is everything, torque is work. Horsepower is a function of torque and rpm, so that, horsepower is work done over time. With out torque you have no horse power, you can have torque and no horsepower, plain and simple.

I don't agree torque is everything but yes torque and rpm are the same thing as hp.
Most seem to mix them up as 2 separate things that have 2 different functions in moving and accelerating your car.

But when it comes to torque it doesn't describe the power available by an engine where hp does.

If I was to ask you to tell me how much torque I need to do 13's in my 65 cuda you wouldn't be able to answer. 2L, Turbo 2L, N/A /6, 273, 383, 572 etc... all will have vastly different lbs-ft. and where that torque was made would have major importance and basically would be saying the hp of the engine in around about way.

But hp will be easy to narrow down to what I need without any need in describing the torque. Cause hp is what moves and accelerates your and yes hp is torque and rpm (rpm is always forgotten or put on a lesser pedestal but just as important).

The reason I brought this up in the first place is the need for people to convince others that the engine that put out less torque is inferior. But as my example in the last post showed both engines put the same torque (hp) to the ground even though with very different torque at the crank. Which is why the one with the better hp curve would probably come out on top not the one with most torque.

My 410 stroker
cast scat 4"
Scat I-beams
icon forged flat tops with valve relief
total seal rings
.010 above deck
Screenshot_2017-02-26-22-31-00.png

Last edited:
I don't have any pics.

My pistons are .054 out of the hole. Steel crank. H beam rods. Total Seal gapless top rings. 2.02 X 1.60 valves, still 3/8 stem. Next build getting .310 stems.

I put 202 intakes in last Winter and had the Machine Shop Do a little clean up pourting but nothing super extreme. Open chambered 596 smogheads

I assume you have an open chamber heads of some sort or a very thick head gasket?

No pictures necessary the honor system works fine. And if for some reason we actually do race and you would like to keep your anatomy which is 100% understandable and I respect that if we were to give for a bodies only a little show we could definitely make sure there's no headshots or license plate pictures. I'm cool with all that totally understand if that's your prerogative.

No pictures necessary the honor system works fine. And if for some reason we actually do race and you would like to keep your anatomy which is 100% understandable and I respect that if we were to give for a bodies only a little show we could definitely make sure there's no headshots or license plate pictures. I'm cool with all that totally understand if that's your prerogative.
What makes you think we want to see your mugs????? Just the race, PLEASE!!!!!
LOL.......... :D :D
:rofl:

I assume you have an open chamber heads of some sort or a very thick head gasket?

Yes, open chambers with a gasket I detest. If I can find a gasket that I like that isn't 100 bucks each I'd drop down to an .039 gasket and make it 11.25:1 instead of the 11.08:1 it is now.

It's hard to keep anything off social media. I hate Facebook but it appears that eventually I will have to be on FB as some places are dropping their web sites and just using Facebook.

It's hard to keep anything off social media. I hate Facebook but it appears that eventually I will have to be on FB as some places are dropping their web sites and just using Facebook.
I can't stand facebook, and the gossip/drama it causes.

340 vs 410...no contest.
that slow revving over square bore x stroke slug will be all done at 5500 and the 340
will be long gone!
..i couldn't resist!

-
Back