35% off SpeedMaster

-
Are those heads bad?
meh, I've beat the crap out of mine for the last year and a half. They haven't broken, even tore them apart to check wear. Everything was still straight, nothing obviously wrong. Only problem I had was one of the helicoils I, myself damaged for the rocker shaft mounts.

meh, I've beat the crap out of mine for the last year and a half. They haven't broken, even tore them apart to check wear. Everything was still straight, nothing obviously wrong. Only problem I had was one of the helicoils I, myself damaged for the rocker shaft mounts.
If you don't mind saying... What do you have them on, what cam, intake, etc?

If you're looking to make out of the ordinary power.... buy the CNC 190cc , even if bare.
Complete set $1187 of the CNC heads... COuldn't pass it up. I'll see how these pan out and perhaps if everything looks good and I get the correct springs they'll live on the new 408. I'll be sure to take pictures!

Looks interesting enough.
I've been looking for a pair of alum. heads for my 11.3:1cr daily 360ci and I was leaning towards the Todd March setups.
I'm still on the fence about going with alum. heads to replace the small valved '302's on it now.

Since the engine is a daily driver, it only occassionaly sees any action above 4000RPM.
I'm wondering how much (low rpm torque) gain the 360 would see, if any, with every day driving and short acceleration bursts.

Last edited:
$1,183 for a set of heads seems like a good deal. Plus it looks like you have to get different style lifters and pushrods for the oil through the pushrod design of these.

$1,183 for a set of heads seems like a good deal. Plus it looks like you have to get different style lifters and pushrods for the oil through the pushrod design of these.
They're LA heads, they just don't have the information correct. They oil through the heads and use shaft rockers. 2.02/1.60 valves.

As said they are LA heads got a set (OOTB) on a 75 duster 360....car is still under construction but the engine is installed and running with a Lunati 243/251 cam with 1.6 crane rockers on the intake with a 1.5 on the exhaust...that is .560 on both intake and exhaust.

Complete set $1187 of the CNC heads... COuldn't pass it up. I'll see how these pan out and perhaps if everything looks good and I get the correct springs they'll live on the new 408. I'll be sure to take pictures!
Those have 68 cc chambers per the description.... better make sure than chamber works for the intended CR. They would lose 0.5 points of CR in the setup I was looking at them for; not what I want to give away for the application.

a simple decking of the heads would bring back your cc to what you want...LOL>..

a simple decking of the heads would bring back your cc to what you want...LOL>..
Yeah, I thought of that; it would be in the range of .030"-.040" to get to 62-63 cc. Not that it is not doable with a clean slate build. It's probably just that it helps me avoid a decision tonight LOL

picked up a set of the Bare CNC heads.......

Saved $547 dollars....easy to correct any CC with head gaskets....

Last edited:
Those have 68 cc chambers per the description.... better make sure than chamber works for the intended CR. They would lose 0.5 points of CR in the setup I was looking at them for; not what I want to give away for the application.
65 or 68 would be acceptable.. 11.2:1 with 68, 11.6:1 with 65. I'll double check them, but I think they post 68cc as if the chambers are cnc'd as well and so far all of the pictures I've found the chambers were as cast. Either way I'll make 'em work.

Looks interesting enough.
I've been looking for a pair of alum. heads for my 11.3:1cr daily 360ci and I was leaning towards the Todd March setups.
I'm still on the fence about going with alum. heads to replace the small valved '302's on it now.

Since the engine is a daily driver, it only occassionaly sees any action above 4000RPM.
I'm wondering how much (low rpm torque) gain the 360 would see, if any, with every day driving and short acceleration bursts.
You'll gain torque everywhere. Those 302's are corks.

I grabbed me a pair of those heads. Or, at least I think I did. Their website/shop never sent me a confirmation email but payment was done properly so they need to get back to me about that.

But the discount was just too good to miss.
I have the ability to check them out properly and fix and correct stuff if needed.

For my purpose (spirited daily driven use, performance gain and some front-end weightloss) I chose the 170cc 63cc heads.
Plan to mill them down to 60cc to keep the CR up around 11:1 for my use of LPG-fuel.

Last edited:
-
Back