360 in 273 Clothing for the ‘66 Valiant.

-
Ok looks like this 4.5” pulley is 273 with AC only but there were a couple different setups for AC so this is a bit of a unicorn pulley.

Last edited:
I just noticed how large the a/c vompressor pulley is.

The early ones were gigantic... you should see the one on the /6 compressor I got the interior AC stuff from... But they are so smooth with the rubber mounted crank pulley, idler pulleys to keep belt slap to a minimum and that big mass. The '68 Coronet 318 does not even change when you turn on the AC. The '70 and later like on the Duster make all sorts of vibration and rumblings as the dual belts are flapping around.

Ok looks like this 4.5” pulley is 273 with AC only but there were a couple different setups for AC so this is a bit of a unicorn pulley.
Yup. It needs to be small for high water pump volume for the extra load the AC puts on the engine, so don't substitute.

The early ones were gigantic... you should see the one on the /6 compressor I got the interior AC stuff from... But they are so smooth with the rubber mounted crank pulley, idler pulleys to keep belt slap to a minimum and that big mass. The '68 Coronet 318 does not even change when you turn on the AC. The '70 and later like on the Duster make all sorts of vibration and rumblings as the dual belts are flapping around.
I have dealer installed Mopar air on my 70 Swinger. Only a single belt on those (a hefty one) and quite a bit of belt buzz at a certain rpm. If I tighten it too much the idler get's noisy and I haven't looked hard enough for a replacement bearing yet. The dang thing will freeze you out with the R12 though.

That looks awesome, but I would check the hood clearance, I know it was a problem in my 64.

Jim, what camshaft did yall go with?

Oregon Cams custom grind for torque under 5000, don’t recall the number right now. I really liked their 2106 I’m the 225. This is a similar. I was going to design my own but the model said I couldn’t do much better than what they had already worked out.

Oregon Cams custom grind for torque under 5000, don’t recall the number right now. I really liked their 2106 I’m the 225. This is a similar. I was going to design my own but the model said I couldn’t do much better than what they had already worked out.
She's gonna have trouble keepin tires on the back. She'll be showin all the boys up around town. lol

Probably Karl's 340 cam. LOL

Cuz I done runned inta the same problum!
Yup, just like trying to use the later smog heads. The extra casting under the driver's side rear exhaust port hits the factory exhaust manifolds and won't allow it to sit flat against the head. You tighten it down, and you break the manifold.

Looks like you're going to need to raise the car up a bit more to get it to slide under.

Make sure you gasket match the header flange and or the manifolds. IIRC, mine created a 90 deg wall going into my 340 manifold. I didn’t know it until I pulled it apart and saw the witness marks. Took care of it and picked up some. I ran an eddy head when it was a street car.

52BECBB6-3FE1-4A76-9705-90775982E127.jpeg

318willrun makes a good point. Try the exhaust manifolds on the engine before you get the engine in the car. Left side may interfere with the head. Did on mine when I swaped in a 360.

318willrun makes a good point. Try the exhaust manifolds on the engine before you get the engine in the car. Left side may interfere with the head. Did on mine when I swaped in a 360.
Yes it interferes and I already have a plan a little bit of grinding and a spacer to pull that manifold out a little

-
Back