360 la harmonic balancer

-

Josshh70

Reaction score
I was just wondering what you guys would recommend for a harmonic balancer for a 360la roller lifter build. I was looking at a prw
PQX-2331841 and a summit SUM-163318 balancer but wanted a second thought on them. The build is going in a cruiser and I plant to hit the tracks every once in a while with it. Also the torque converter I received from patc seemed to come without a counter weight and when I called the guy said hey send it back or buy a flex plate with the added weight :mad:what a gut punch.

IMG_20211019_075500.jpg

Check out the Powerbond brand. My son and I both had a Summit brand balancer spin on us and we threw them on the scrap pile. Junk. If I remember right I got my last one off Amazon because I run all ATI ones now.

I assume from your post that it's externally balanced. First thing is to address that issue. I would recommend either a Fluid Damper or ATI Super Damper. 65'

Nothing wrong with the Summit balancer, that will work. Whatever balancer you decide on, make sure it is for an externally balanced 360 engine.
In regards to your neutral balanced torque converter, just match it up with a B&M flex plate. They have one for a 904 or 727.

I have a Powerbond Race unit on my 408 and so far no issues. Decent looking part. I'm using the PRW one on my 340 (stock) rebuild. Looks like a nice piece.

I’ll third the Powerbond (or Dayco which is the same company and part but sometimes it’s listed as Dayco but it is indeed a Powerbond) external balance part#PB1108SS

Try Rock Auto and use a 5% off coupon which you can find anywhere online.

They are a quality piece, the timing marks are etched and easy to read (at least the black version is)

i use pro race from mancinni never had a problem , now using ATI IN 40 YEARS HAVE NEVER HAD A BALANCER BREAK ON ME , MUST BE LUCKY though with the quality of some parts these days who knows

-
Back