360 Magnum SexPack getting closer...

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Carbs not done, thinking same color powder coat ev2 hemi orange same as my Dart and having the carb linkage chromed or Chrysler blue like the engine. Whadda you think ?

0710211553_HDR.jpg

0710211553a_HDR.jpg

Do carbs even work if they've been powder coated?

Polish it all up and make it shine

Powder and paint just isn't sexy

If those are the smaller ones, they are about 280 CFM. I bet with some progressive linkage, they would work pretty good. Speedway Motors probably has it I bet.

When we analyze the factory 6-Pack engineering, you could get way better fuel economy from the 6-Pack than you could a 4-Barrel (2 of my Uncles tell me this). I thought about that for quite some time. I reasoned that normal driving only used the center carb. The outer carbs only kicked in with serious foot action. The bores of the primary carbs (I surmise) were smaller than the primaries on the 4-Barrel, creating higher velocity at normal driving range; and thus better atomization of the fuel. When the secondaries kicked in, you got the 1000+ CFM carburetion.

It looks like you are funneling this into a 4-barrel intake manifold. I question how the fuel distribution will work. Don't know, just pondering.

When we analyze the factory 6-Pack engineering, you could get way better fuel economy from the 6-Pack than you could a 4-Barrel (2 of my Uncles tell me this). I thought about that for quite some time. I reasoned that normal driving only used the center carb. The outer carbs only kicked in with serious foot action. The bores of the primary carbs (I surmise) were smaller than the primaries on the 4-Barrel, creating higher velocity at normal driving range; and thus better atomization of the fuel. When the secondaries kicked in, you got the 1000+ CFM carburetion.

It looks like you are funneling this into a 4-barrel intake manifold. I question how the fuel distribution will work. Don't know, just pondering.
I'm sure that will not out perform a decent holley

-
Back