360 Motor mount question

-

dart_68

Reaction score
I have looked around but can't find this specific information.

I'm dropping a 360 into my '73 Duster and had to replace the K frame. It had a '67-'72 style K frame that some PO cut up one of the motor mounting pads. The K frame I was able to get is the newer (and correct) style K frame using spool mounts. I ordered some motor mounts from O'Reilly's, both left and right side. The problem is that the neither of the new mounts come close to fitting the driver's side of the block. The mounts are noticeably different but are the same width. If I bolt the mount in front of the ears there is a gap of about 1/4". If I bolt the mount in back of the ears there is about 1/2" gap. O'Reilly's web site does specify these mounts for a 360. Do these type mounts bolt in front or rear of the ears? Is there supposed to be a 1/2" spacer on one of the bolts?

The problem is the same no matter which mount I put on the driver's side.

Driver side 1.jpg

Driver side 2.jpg

Passenger side.jpg

Throw 4 washers under the drivers side mount and call it good .

Can I ask ? If I have 360 mounts, what can I do to put a 318 in it's place ?

I just measured the distance, cut the mount, bolted the 2 halve on the motor and welded the mount. Easy when it' on the stand. No washers needed.

Those are biscuit style mounts...if I read your post correctly they won't work in your K member anyway

Those are biscuit style mounts...if I read your post correctly they won't work in your K member anyway
The new mounts (the ones I'm having a problem with) are the spool type if I'm not mistake. Anyway, they are the correct style for the new K frame.

Thanks!

I have the 360 schumacher mounts and wonder if at all is it possible to mount a 318 on them ?

The new mounts (the ones I'm having a problem with) are the spool type if I'm not mistake. Anyway, they are the correct style for the new K frame.

Thanks!
good
(now that im on the computer i see that, they looked like biscuit styles on my phone)

-
Back